Introduction to university life (ASC 101)
The Introduction to University Life seminar (ASC 101, ESC 100, HON 101, NUR 101) is a one-credit course that assists new students in making a successful transition to Cleveland State University both academically and personally through engaged learning experiences. This course is designed to help new students build relationships, promote engagement in the curricular and co-curricular experience, encourage civility, connect to various resources of the University, and emphasize the expectations of Cleveland State University. It also aims to help students develop and practice skills in the areas of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and others that can contribute to success in college and beyond.
Through this course, students will be able to:
- Recall the services and resources offered through a minimum of three campus departments focused on student success.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize technology to meet course and university requirements.
- Assess your academic success skills (time management, study strategies, and stress management) and identify strategies to improve them.
- Examine and explain how your personal interests, values, and abilities relate to available majors, minors, certificates, courses, and experiences at Cleveland State University.
- Describe at least two benefits of connecting with faculty beyond the classroom (and beyond the seminar instructor).
- Identify and utilize the cultural, recreational, intellectual, and interpersonal opportunities that the university community offers outside of the classroom.
- Develop a comprehensive academic plan for use throughout your first year at Cleveland State University.
For all questions please contact us at email@example.com