Use SPIN to Find Funding Opportunities for Your Research
The Office of Research encourages you to consider using SPIN, an extensive research funding opportunity database. SPIN contains over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 sponsors.
What Can You Do With SPIN?
With SPIN, you can:
- Access funding information online, from any browser
- Organize grant information in one convenient place
- Gain access to the largest Keyword list, allowing for greater flexibility in your searches
- Quickly locate Limited Submission Opportunities, Federal or non-Federal programs
- Locate all types of funding information
Although anyone can search the SPIN database from a CSU domain computer on campus, in order to use the database from off campus, and to take full advantage of the database (e.g., personalize your searches, save searches, request emails with new funding opportunities that match your searches, etc.), you must create a SPIN account.
Creating a SPIN Account
CSU researchers, faculty, and students interested in establishing a SPIN account, please follow these instructions:
- Go to spin.infoedglobal.com
- Click on Sign In (upper right corner)
- Click on Need to create a new profile? (bottom of login screen)
- Enter requested information
- You will get the message, "Your profile information has been submitted to your institution's SPIN administrator. You will receive an email when your administrator either approves or denies your request." This should happen within 24 hours.
Links to guides and training videos are available on our website. If you have any questions about using SPIN, please contact the Office of Research.