2019-2020 Faculty and Staff
Back Row (Left to Right): R. Fan, B. Margolius, D. Aloi, S. Hurtado Rua, F. Martins, S. Ryan, G. LaPlaca, J. Holcomb, D. Munther, J. Amador, V. Thomas, P. Srinivasan. Middle Row: H. López Valdez, I. Soprunov, J. Scott, L. Gold, E. Chuha, S. Shao, C. Dohanyos, C. Phillips-Bey, S. Carver. Front Row: F. Galetto, S. Chincholkar, T. Romutis, T. Preisler, Y. Wu, L. Quinn, S. Gubkin. Not Pictured: D. Florentin, G. Lupton, A. Papana, I. Rodrigues, J. Stone, P. Wachira.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics has specialized general education sequences tailored to meet the needs of students in majors across the university. For students interested in exciting career opportunities, we offer minors in mathematics and statistics as well as a bachelor's degree in mathematics. At the graduate level, we offer a master's of science in mathematics and a master's of science in mathematics with a specialization in applied statistics.
Acquiring skills in mathematics, applied mathematics, and statistics strategically places today's graduate at the forefront of the big data revolution, financial mathematics, quantitative analysis, and scientific research. Make an appointment today to meet with an advisor from the Department of Mathematics to discuss career options with a major and/or minor in mathematics and statistics.
Free Student Memberships for AMS and AWM: Apply here
Students should consider the 4+1 (B.S./M.S.) Program in Mathematics and Statistics!
ANNOUNCEMENT: The statistics courses in the Mathematics Department will now have an STA prefix instead of MTH. Please look for this when scheduling courses.
Recent News and Highlights from the Department of Mathematics
- Sandra Chincholkar has recieved a 2019 Golden Apple Award from the CSU Alumni Association!
- Barbara Margolius recieved $1.4 Million Grant from the Ohio Board of Regents for FY 2019-2020 for the Choose Ohio First Program
- Hiram López Valdez was selected for participation in the 7th Heidelberg Laureate Forum, Sept. 22-27 in Heidelberg, Germany
Only the 200 most qualified Young Researchers can be given this opportunity to enrich and share the unique atmosphere of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
- Congratulations to Linda Quinn who was awarded the CSU Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award for 2019
- Congratulations to Daniel Munther who has just been promoted to Associate Professor, effective 2019-2020