If you have, or may have, responded to a phishing email please follow these recommendations:
If you provided the sign in credentials to any of your CSU accounts:
- change your CampusNet password. If you are not sure on how to perform this function or need assistance, please call the IST Help Desk at 216-687-5050, extension 5050 from a campus phone. Note when changing this password, you will need to update the password on all devices that access your CSU email account: Mobile devices, any clients (ex: Outlook), personal device.
- change the passwords to those services that do not use the CampusNet password
- check your account for any rule that you did not create and disable / delete any any that are found
If you provided CSU information, not related to your sign in credentials, please contact your supervisor immediately.
If you provided personal information, such as SSN, bank account numbers etc.:
- change any password and sign in ID on any account you may have associated with that organization / company.
- also change your sign in ID and password for any other account associated with other organizations / companies.
- contact that organization / company immediately and follow the directions they provide to you.
- monitor these accounts for any unusual activity, if any detected, contact the organization / company immediately.
- run a virus scan on your laptop / desktop. (free anti-virus software from Microsoft)