The Online Master of Science in Nursing program in Cleveland State University’s School of Nursing has been ranked 45th nationally and number 3 in the state of Ohio, in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 list of the Best Online Degree Programs. The MSN @ CSU is based on the principles of population health and is designed to prepare graduates with advanced knowledge, competencies, and skills in the nursing care of populations (aggregates). The graduate will have in-depth skills in population assessment, demography, epidemiological assessment and data analysis, evaluation of research, survey research, data projections, cost-benefit analysis, and the ability to apply nursing theory, population theory, ethics, cultural awareness, and political strategies to design, implement, and evaluate population health programs. Students may select from four tracks available, according to their interests and professional goals.
- 31 to 38 total credit hours depending on desired specialization to complete your degree.
- Online Course format with courses taught completely online and nationally recognized by Quality Matters™ for meeting standards of excellence in online course design..
- Complete your degree in two years by following your program plan.
|Clinical Nurse Leader|
Students applying to the program must hold a valid, active license as an RN in the United States, a baccalaureate degree in Nursing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, and have completed an undergraduate or graduate-level statistics course, and submit an essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Apply to the College of Graduate Studies; Priority consideration is given to applications received by March 15 for fall enrollment. After March 15, applications will be considered on a space-availability basis.
- Submit official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Submit a 2-3 page essay identifying your population of interest; how to you plan to use your MSN degree to enhance your professional growth and development; and skills you hope to acquire during the program
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master's degree program in nursing at Cleveland State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.