Check out the Spring 2023 Student Organizations Fair, Hosted by the Center for Student Involvement!
Cleveland State University is sometimes labeled a “commuter school” – long on supporting the tenacity, determination and education of its student body, but (allegedly) short on campus life.
While the average age of the CSU student does trend older than most Northeast Ohio colleges and universities—with many students fitting classes in and around a busy work schedule and personal life—nothing could be further from the truth on the latter point. Student Life is robust and ripe for the picking at CSU. All you need to do is avail yourself.
Vikings possess the ability to engage in many interests, including those adjacent to their studies, with over 200 student unique organizations on campus that are recognized by the Center of Campus Engagement. On Thursday, January 19 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Student Center Atrium, Vikes can learn about them all at the Spring 2023 Student Organizations Fair!
“This is your opportunity to engage with other CSU students,” said Daniel Lenhart, Student Media & Web Specialist with CSU’s Center of Campus Engagement.
“Becoming a member of an organization will also help you build lifelong friendships to enhance your overall academic experience. Explore the more than 200 student-powered organizations currently active on campus, learn more and get involved.”
Want to join a video gaming club? Become a broadcaster at CSU’s radio station? Explore everything from language to science, history to D&D? Take a deep dive into world cultures or health? Write for one of the campus newspapers? Join a fraternity or sorority?
With so many choices to enrich the social, cultural and educational experiences of CSU students, you need only look to VikesConnect to see what awaits.
And to answer the time-honored student question, yes, there will be free food and giveaways. Pop in and learn about all the amazing groups, clubs and organizations that CSU has on campus and GET ENGAGED!
I’m Not on Campus for the Fair, How Else Can I Get Involved?
It’s a valid question. Two hours is a fairly short window. There are several other ways to get involved here on campus if you’re not able to attend the Student Organizations Fair. You can:
- Go to an event sponsored by our amazing Campus Activities Board (CAB)
- If you live in the Residence Halls, there are lots of terrific activities and opportunities
- Do you like sports or trips? Want to participate in Intramurals, Get-Away Adventures or Fitness Classes? Get hip to Campus Recreation Services
- Everyone’s a Viking! Go support VIKING Athletics Teams
- Join CSU’s many arts Want to make a difference? Volunteer for or apply for a Student Government position
- Visit one of our many outstanding centers, including the Mareyjoyce Green Women’s Center, the Howard A. Mims African American Cultural Center and the Viking Vets Veteran & Military Success Center
- Explore “America’s Greatest College Town,” a.k.a. Cleveland, Ohio, a.k.a. The Land.
Not seeing what you want at the fair? Get three or more friends and a member of faculty or staff together, log into VikesConnect and start your own student organization!