The Faculty Senate shall have the duties and responsibilities to:
- Initiate educational and academic policies of the University.
- Adopt rules to effectuate the educational and academic policies of the University.
- Bring up for consideration proposals on matters pertaining to the general welfare of the University.
- Make recommendations to the Administration relative to buildings, budget priorities, and new proposals and developments.
- Act upon all matters of routine faculty business in pursuance of already established University policies.
- Elect members to the Equal Opportunity Hearing Panel.
- Faculty Senate Roster 2019-2020
- Standing Committees of Faculty Senate 2019-2020
- Meeting Dates of Faculty Senate and Academic Steering Committee for 2019-2020
- Resolution of the Faculty Senate on Free Speech - Joint Statement with Administration
- Resolution of the Faculty Senate on Freedom of Expression and Tenure
- Faculty Senate Statement in Response to Offensive anti-LGBT signs
- Statement In Response to Executive Order Regarding Immigration Restrictions
- Ad Hoc Presidential Priorities Committee 3-8-18
Faculty Senate Officers 2019-20
William M. Bowen
Vickie Coleman Gallagher
Faculty Senate Office