IMPORTANT NOTE DUE TO COVID-19: In addition to our regularly scheduled Senate meetings, we have scheduled the following meetings:
May 6, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 27, 2020
June 10th, 2020
July 15th, 2020
These meetings will be held via Zoom and are open to all CSU faculty.
The Faculty Senate shall have the duties and responsibilities to:
- Initiate educational and academic policies of the University.
- Adopt rules to effectuate the educational and academic policies of the University.
- Bring up for consideration proposals on matters pertaining to the general welfare of the University.
- Make recommendations to the Administration relative to buildings, budget priorities, and new proposals and developments.
- Act upon all matters of routine faculty business in pursuance of already established University policies.
- Elect members to the Equal Opportunity Hearing Panel.
- Faculty Senate Roster 2019-2020
- Standing Committees of Faculty Senate 2019-2020
- Meeting Dates of Faculty Senate and Academic Steering Committee for 2019-2020
- Meeting Dates of Faculty Senate and Academic Steering Committee for 2020-2021
- Resolution of the Faculty Senate on Free Speech - Joint Statement with Administration
- Resolution of the Faculty Senate on Freedom of Expression and Tenure
- Faculty Senate Statement in Response to Offensive anti-LGBT signs
- Statement In Response to Executive Order Regarding Immigration Restrictions
- Ad Hoc Presidential Priorities Committee 3-8-18
Faculty Senate Officers 2019-20
Robert Krebs, Ph.D.
Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Rachel K. Carnell, Ph.D.
Faculty Senate Office