The Faculty Senate shall have the duties and responsibilities to:
- Initiate educational and academic policies of the University.
- Adopt rules to effectuate the educational and academic policies of the University.
- Bring up for consideration proposals on matters pertaining to the general welfare of the University.
- Make recommendations to the Administration relative to buildings, budget priorities, and new proposals and developments.
- Act upon all matters of routine faculty business in pursuance of already established University policies.
- Elect members to the Equal Opportunity Hearing Panel.
New from Senate
- Faculty Senate Meeting February 28, 2024 - Meeting materials and Join via Zoom information will be posted prior to the meeting.
- The Inquiry Core Curriculum is available on the ad hoc Core Curriculum Committee webpage.
Faculty Senate Officers 2023-24
Anup Kumar, Ph.D.
Dana J. Hubbard, Ph.D.
Department of Criminology & Sociology
Albert F. Smith, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Faculty Senate Office