People at Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Timothy J. Arndt
Affiliate Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Office Location: FH217
- Phone Number: (216) 687-4779
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Website: http://cis.csuohio.edu/~arndt
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, Purdue University, 1984
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Florida, 1985
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh, 1991
- Multimedia Content Indexing and Retrieval
- Multimedia Authoring
- Social Multimedia
- Ubiquitous Multimedia
- Personalized and Ubiquitous eLearning and eTraining
- Distributed Mission Training
- Social Network Analysis
- Senior Member of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- CSU Merit Recognition Award, 2012, 2013, 2014
- IST 331/604 Modern Database Design/Implemt
- CIS 465 Multimedia
- CIS 480/580 Intro Computer Architecture
- CIS 600 Adv. Computer Architecture
- CIS 601 Graduate Seminar in CIS
- CIS 620 Adv Operating Systems
- "An XML-Based Approach to Multimedia Software Engineering for Distance Learning", in Future Directions in Distance Learning and Communication Technologies (Advances in Distance Education Technologies - vol 1) edited by Timothy Shih and Jason Hung, Idea Group Inc., pp. 106-134, 2007. T. Arndt, S.K. Chang, A. Guercio and P. Maresca
- "Ubiquitous E-Learning: Student Attitudes and Future Prospects", GSTF Journal on Computing, vol. 4, no. 1, 2014, T. Arndt and A. Guercio.
- "Experiences in Collaborative Learning", Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, P. Maresca, A. Guercio, L. Stanganelli and T. Arndt, vol. 10., no.4, 2014, pp. 119-143.
- "Social Networking and E-Learning: Towards a More Effective Online Learning Experience", GSTF Journal on Computing, vol. 2, no. 2, 2012, pp. 89-94, T. Arndt and A. Guercio.
- "An Implementation of a Dynamic Partitioning Scheme for Web Pages", International Journal of Computer Science Issues, vol. 9, no. 3, 2012, pp. 37-46, T. Arndt, B. Blake, B. Krupp, and J. Sang.
- "XML-Based Course Material Transformation for Ubiquitous eLearning Applications", ISAST Transactions on Computers and Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, 2010, pp. 1-11. T. Arndt and A. Guercio.
- "Visual Software Tools for Multimedia Authoring", Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, T. Arndt and E. Katz, 21 (2010), pp. 184-191.
- "Visual Software Tools for Bioinformatics", Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, T. Arndt, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 291-301, Apr. 2008.
- "Language Constructs and Synchronization for Reactive Multimedia Systems", ISAST Transactions on Computers and Software Engineering, vol. 1, no. 1, 2007, pp. 52-58. A. Guercio, A. Bansal and T. Arndt.
- Guest Editors' introduction to special issue on best papers of DMS 2005 of International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, vol. 17, no. 4, pg. 449, August 2007.
- "XML-Based Course Material Transformation for Ubiquitous eLearning Applications", Cleveland State University Faculty Research Development Grant, July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010.
- Ohio Supercomputing Center, 300 Resource Units (RUs) on the OSC cluster, Spring 2001 and Spring 2002.
- Informix Software Research Grant valued at $19,390, March 2001.
- College of Business Administration Grant Preparation Award, $5000, November 15, 1999 - February 4, 2000.
- Cleveland State University New Faculty Research Initiation Award, $6000, May 1999 - May 2001.
- "Automated and Semi-Automated Image Indexing for Multimedia Database Systems", Lamar University Research Enhancement Grant, $5000, September 1, 1992-August 31, 1993.
- "High Performance Network Connections for Science and Engineering Research", NSF HPNC Grant, $150,000. September 15, 2001 - August 31, 2003.
- "Multimedia, Ergonomics, Design and Interface Activities (Media) Laboratory", NSF Undergraduate Instrumentation and Laboratory Improvement Grant (#9452162), $47,974, June 15, 1994 - May 31, 1996.