Mail in the Intensive English Language Program non-refundable application fee ($40) with credit card information, a check or money order (drawn from a US bank in US dollars) made payable to Cleveland State University or pay online.
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR CURRENT AND ARRIVING STUDENTS
Resources for ESL Students
Welcome to IELP!
Why Cleveland State's IELP is your best choice:
• IELP has full-time study. F-1 visa students receive 20 hours of intensive English study in the classroom per week from experienced ESL teachers.
• IELP has part-time study available for residents or citizens for whom English is their second language.
• IELP is part of a 4-year university. If you want to earn a degree from a US university, you will have the opportunity to experience campus life. Students at the IELP can use the library, gym, computer labs, etc. on the Cleveland State University campus and will have a university ID.
• IELP students have access to on-campus housing, airport pick-up, orientation activities.
• IELP has four levels of instruction (High Elementary through Advanced; There is no true beginner's level).
• IELP offers courses in Reading, Writing, Listening/Speaking, Grammar and Vocabulary.
• IELP’s smaller classes give students more individual attention.
• IELP’s experienced and qualified instructors have advanced degrees in ESL or a related field.
• IELP can design special programs for groups during the regular semesters or the summer.
Transfer deadline in the US is January 7, 2019.
Summer 2019 (May 18 - August 9, 2019) Application Deadline March 15, 2019
Transfer Deadline in the US is May 11, 2019.
Transfer deadline in the US is August 19, 2019.
For more information, contact:
Michele Bowman, Ph.D.
Director, ESL Program/Intensive English Language Program
2605 Euclid Avenue, MM 209
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, OH 44115
ESL Program - Teacher Education Department
2605 Euclid Avenue, Mather Mansion 209
Cleveland, OH 44115
The Intensive English Language Program, Cleveland State University is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation. For further information about this accreditation, please see http://www.cea-accredit.org.
Return to the ESL Program page