Please Apply by Friday, July 17, 2015
Performs a variety of financial/business management advisement, technical assistance, and related educational services to new and existing small businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct technical assistance to small business clients in the research and development of business plans, marketing plans, loan proposals and related business development requirements.
- Evaluates business proposals together with client financial and business status to assess viability and bankability of proposals; advises clients as appropriate.
- Advises clients in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques.
- Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops.
- Coordinates and/or participates in efforts to build relationships with area businesses to establish and develop client opportunities.
- Participates, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Business advisors are required to have a bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a comparable discipline. Many business consultants also have a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and specialize in a specific business area, such as law or marketing.
Preferred: At least one year of business or entrepreneurial advising.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of clients in a diverse community.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to develop basic business plans, marketing plans, financial strategies, and business loan proposals.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Knowledge of the characteristics and prerequisites of a successful business loan proposal.
Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of small business operations.
Knowledge of basic business accounting.
Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
Please contact Katie Van Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
CSU SBDC is located at the Cleveland Heights Public Library, 2340 Lee road, Cleveland Heights Ohio 44118