Who We Are...
Financial aid is money that can be used to help bridge the gap between your own resources and the amount of money needed to pay the cost of attending college. Approximately 70 percent of CSU's students receive some form of financial assistance. The University participates in or administers all of the major federal and state grant and loan programs. In addition, CSU provides University grants and scholarships.
FINANCIAL AID UPDATES
2014-2015 FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA) uPDATES
- Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA: A Student's Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The 2014-2015 Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available: You complete the 2014-2015 for CSU, if plan on attending Fall 2014, Spring 2015 or Summer 2015.
Filling out the FAFSASM can be a straightforward and easy process. FAFSA on the web will guide you through the application; click on the “Start A New FAFSA” button on the home page, and just follow the directions on the screen. Here are some tips to help you along the way.
Visit the Federal Student Aid website and watch videos on learning how to complete your FAFSA
- The Help icon is now available on all FAFSA pages.
- FAFSA signing option encourages students and parents to use PIN
- Improved information on confirmation as to what happens next in the aid application process.
- The IRS data retrieval tool has been enhanced and mentions who is not eligible to use the tool.
Tax Returns Are No Longer Acceptable!! Federal regulations have changed and we are no longer able to accept copies of Tax Returns. Need help in completing federal verification, select Apply for Financial Aid for a step by step guide.
student aid tips for unique student populations
Certain students face unique challenges when applying for financial aid. These tip sheets are designed to help unique student populations overcome these challenges to successfully navigate the financial aid process and access higher education. We encourage you to use these tip sheets, they are designed for students and families.
- Unique Situations - Wards of the court, foster youth, single parents and more. UniqueSituation.pdf
- Adult learners and nontraditional students. AdultLearners.pdf
- Current and former members of the military. MilitaryVeterans.pdf
- Undocumented students. UndocumentedStudents.pdf
Workshop - Tuesday, February 25