CSU School of Social Work Highlights
- One of the largest undergraduate and graduate programs at CSU.
- All full-time professors have Doctoral degrees
- Three faculty members are Fulbright scholars
- BSW graduates passage rates for the social work licensure examination is above the national average.
- More than two hundred social service agencies in the Greater Cleveland area provide internship opportunities to social work students.
- BSW student association “Social Work In Action” won the Best Student Association of the Year Award in 2008.
- One of the faculty members from School of Social Work was selected for the CSU 2009 Distinguished Teaching Award.
- The Phi Alpha Social Work Honor Society, CSU Chapter, won the outstanding chapter service award in 2009. This was in competition with more than 200 other nationwide chapters.
*Cleveland State University/University of Akron Joint Master of Social Work Program has been reaffirmed for full accreditation for the next eight years by the Council on Social Work Education Commission on Accreditation. Last November we received eight-year accreditation to our BSW program. This is the highest honor given to a social work program in the country.