CSU offers a Bachelor of Music in Music Education that leads to teacher licensure in the State of Ohio. Students in our rigorous degree program study both music and education with our renowned applied (performance) and music education faculty. There are many opportunities to perform in large and small ensembles, and every year of study includes field experiences observing and teaching music, culminating in a semester of full-time student teaching working alongside carefully selected mentor teachers. All music education majors study all areas of K-12 music education (general, vocal, and instrumental; elementary and secondary), so they are prepared to pursue any employment opportunity that arises. Our graduates teach in many excellent public and private schools in Northeast Ohio. All prospective students wishing to pursue a Bachelor of Music in Music Education track must schedule an evaluation appointment with Dr. Heather A. Russell, Coordinator of Music education. email@example.com.
CSU Music Education Faculty:
- Heather A. Russell, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Coordinator of Music Education
- Birch Browning, Ph.D., Associate Professor Music Education; Conductor of Cleveland Winds
- Barry Hartz, PhD., Visiting Assistant Lecturer, Music Education
- William G. Zurkey, Instructor Music Education/Choral Methods
- Melanie Blaser, Lecturer, Music Education