The Intensive English Language Program, Cleveland State University is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation. For further information about this accreditation, please see http://www.cea-accredit.org.
Welcome to IELP!
Why Cleveland State's IELP is your best choice:
• IELP has full-time study. F-1 visa students receive 20 hours of intensive English study in the classroom per week from experienced ESL teachers.
• IELP has part-time study available for residents or citizens for whom English is their second language.
• IELP is part of a 4-year university. If you want to earn a degree from a US university, you will have the opportunity to experience campus life. Students at the IELP can use the library, gym, computer labs, etc. on the Cleveland State University campus and will have a university ID.
• IELP students have access to on-campus housing, airport pick-up, orientation activities.
• IELP has four levels of instruction (High Elementary through Advanced; There is no true beginner's level).
• IELP offers courses in Reading, Writing, Listening/Speaking, Grammar and Vocabulary.
• IELP’s smaller classes give students more individual attention.
• IELP’s experienced and qualified instructors have advanced degrees in ESL or a related field.
• IELP can design special programs for groups during the regular semesters or the summer.
Transfer deadline in the US is August 18, 2017.
Spring 2018 (January 16 - May 11, 2018) application deadline is November 17, 2017.
Transfer deadline in the US is January 5, 2018.
Summer 2018 (May 21 - August 10, 2018) Application Deadline March 23, 2018
Transfer Deadline in the US is May 14, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Express Mailing Instructions
DHL and FedEx Express mailing of applications, supporting materials, and financials to our university is available. Please see link above for information about sending documents or receiving your Form I-20.
APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR CURRENT AND ARRIVING STUDENTS
For more information, contact:
Michelle Bowman, Ph.D.
Director, ESL Program/Intensive English Language Program
2605 Euclid Avenue, MM 209
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, OH 44115
ESL Program - Teacher Education Department
2605 Euclid Avenue, Mather Mansion 209
Cleveland, OH 44115