Registration for THe STEP SUMMER PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED AND CLASSES ARE IN PROGRESS!
The Summer Transition Enrichment Program (STEP) is a six-week college academic readiness program for incoming freshmen of Cleveland State University:
Track 1: Any new CSU students who are entering Fall and have placed into Math 87 and/or ENG 100.
Track 2: Any college ready, new CSU students who need BIO 100 or BIO 200 in the fall.
All STEP students will be enrolled in ASC 101- Introduction to University Life.
6 Summer Weeks - July 5th - August 11th, 2023
Monday - Friday
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY for these synchronous lecture and SI sessions
- Experience of a structured online learning environment
- Successful completion of their first online course(s)
- Guided transition into college with techniques to improve study skills
- Completion of MTH 84 & ENG 110 prepares students for college-level courses in the fall
- Earn credit for Intro to University Life - ASC 100
- Potential opportunity to start Intro BIO (BIO 200) in the fall rather than BIO 100
- Instructors will assess the BIO 100 students at the end of the program to determine if those students can bypass BIO 100 and enroll in BIO 200 in the fall
- Completion of ASC 100:
- Free up schedules for other classes in the fall
- Gives participants an introduction to Cleveland State University resources
- Helps create realistic expectations about academic requirements for university students
- Transition participants from high school to college
Interested in Registering?:
Deadline is 6/27/23