In 2021, KeyBank made a generous gift to CSU to establish a center focused on transformative leadership development, in honor of its outgoing Chairman and CEO Beth E. Mooney. As the first woman to hold the highest position at a top-20 U.S. bank, Ms. Mooney exemplifies transformative leadership. Her meteoric ascent in the financial services industry was marked by an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, collaboration, and leadership development.
The Beth E. Mooney Center for Transformative Leadership at Cleveland State University aims to honor her legacy as a groundbreaking and galvanizing leader by ensuring everyone, particularly women and underrepresented populations, has the opportunity to develop the skills and competencies necessary to become leaders with the power to transform.
Through leadership education and research, we develop CSU‘s community of students and lifelong learners into leaders who transform the economic, civic and cultural life of Northeast Ohio.
To be a national model in higher education for transformative leadership development.
Our Center is guided by the following principles:
- Collaboration: We are stronger when we work with others. We all win when we build together.
- Inclusion: We are a space for learners of all backgrounds and means to develop their leadership potential.
- Equity: We strive to provide equitable access to opportunities for leadership education and development.
- Inquiry: We ask questions and develop knowledge that can be put into practice.
- Innovation: We see the world in different lights and from new angles. We are forward-looking and adaptive.
- Impact: We aim for positive impact—at the individual, organizational, community and regional level.