Campus411 All-in-1 Enrollment Services

Change of Name

If you need to change your name, you must complete a Change of Information form along with one of the following official documents:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Court Order
  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Driver's License
  • State ID
  • Military ID
  • Passport

Preferred Name Change

You may set a preferred name to identify yourself by contacting the Office for Instituional Equity at 216.687.2223.

Currently, preferred names can only be seen in the following circumstances:

  • In Blackboard
  • On a Student ID Card
  • On Residence Life documents
  • At Counseling Services, except for billing records
  • At the Cashier's Office window
  • In Office of Disbaility Service records
  • By University faculty and staff

CSU’s goal is to allow the use of preferred names as widely as possible as quickly as possible.  However, the University’s data systems will need to be modified to allow for widespread use of preferred names.  We will update this webpage with additional information as it develops.