Students who earned a bachelor's degree at Cleveland State or another regionally accredited university or college and want to take undergraduate courses can apply for admission as a post-baccalaureate student. Reasons for taking additional undergraduate courses may include:
- To earn a teaching licensure,
- To complete a certificate program,
- To prepare for graduate or professional school,
- To earn a second bachelor’s degree, or
- For personal interest.
Students interested in earning a second bachelor's degree must:
- Have the individual Cleveland State college determine course requirements and college/departmental residency requirements, and
- Meet the University residency requirement of 30 semester hours of course work, including a minimum of 24 credits from upper-division courses.
To apply, students must submit the following:
- Completed application (online or download and print the application, Adobe Acrobat Reader required to download application)
- Official college transcript from the regionally accredited university or college that granted the bachelor's degree, showing the date of receipt of the degree (download college transcript request form, Adobe Acrobat Reader required to download application).
- Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from a previous university or college because of financial or other obligations may not be considered for post-baccalaureate admission to Cleveland State.
- A nonrefundable $30 application fee is required by check or money order (made payable to Cleveland State University) and must be submitted with the application. Students submitting an application online may pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
The above application materials should be sent to:
Cleveland State University
Application Processing Center
Office of the University Registrar
2121 Euclid Avenue, Keith Building, room1400
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Check Status of Your Application
Admission decisions are typically made within 24 hours of receipt of all required materials. If special circumstances apply, an admissions committee reviews individual applications for decision each week. You can check your admission status by calling us at 216.687.5411.
- View a list of our post-baccalaureate programs.
- Students interested in financial aid should contact All-in-1 at 216.687.5411 to learn if they are eligible.