ONLINE WRITING ASSISTANCE
The Writing Center staff is glad to provide help online while campus is closed.
- Please read the instructions listed below. Please make sure to follow the instructions carefully. If we do not have all of the requested information, we may not able to review your paper or provide feedback.
- Undergraduates, please use Starfish to sign up for a writing tutorial on a specific date and time. Once you sign up, you'll be sent instructions for how to submit your work.
- Graduate students, please email with your paper to ClevelandStateWritingCenter@gmail.com and include what you would like a tutor to review. For example, a student might ask a tutor to review the argument, structure, grammar, focus, paraphrases, citations, and so forth.
- You should receive feedback within 4 business days. If you do not receive feedback from us within 4 days, please contact the Writing Center.
- The Writing Center also offers online workshops and handouts--please see the left column above.
REQUIREMENTS- BE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Send a Word document we can open (2003 and later)
- Allow 4 business days for a response
- Tell us your CSU ID number if you are a CSU student; if not, we will be glad to help you after we put CSU students first
- The last day to submit papers for each semester is the last day of classes (does not include final exam week).
- Students are limited to 2 submissions a week and 1 submission per email.
- Students with a thesis or dissertation are encouraged to set up multiple appointments so tutors can read their work in one session and comment on it in another one. Graduate students are also encouraged to contact the Writing Center to join a student writing group that will help them stay on time with their writing projects (this group is online).