Posted on April 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM, updated April 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM Print
The construction of Cleveland State University’s new health sciences building at the site across from the Student Center will necessitate closing parts of Euclid Avenue and sidewalks to install underground utilities, in two phases.
With the first phase nearly complete, the second phase is scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 22 (weather permitting). During this phase:
- All westbound vehicular and RTA bus traffic on Euclid will continue as normal.
- All eastbound RTA bus traffic on Euclid will continue as normal.
- All eastbound vehicular traffic on Euclid will be detoured south on East 21st Street, east on Prospect Avenue, north on East 22nd Street and back to Euclid.
- The south sidewalk on Euclid between East 21st Street and East 22nd Street will be closed.
- The pedestrian crosswalk on the west side of East 22nd Street at Euclid will be closed.
- The pedestrian crosswalk on the south side of Euclid at East 22nd Street will be closed.
For the safety of CSU students, faculty and staff as well as campus visitors, fences will surround the entire work zone. PLEASE ADHERE TO ALL POSTED SIGNS AND WARNINGS.
The second phase is expected to be completed by Wednesday, May 14.