Posted on May 9, 2022 at 3:43 PM, updated May 10, 2022 at 1:52 PM Print
Waetjen Auditorium to host showings, awards and reception
For Vikings who couldn’t get enough big-screen excitement with the Cleveland International Film Festival earlier this spring, Cleveland State University’s School of Film & Media Arts is presenting a Student Film Festival this week.
On Wednesday, May 11 at 6 p.m., the CSU Student Film Festival will showcase works created by film school students, followed by an awards ceremony and reception. The event will take place in Waetjen Auditorium (2001 Euclid Avenue) and is free and open to the public.
Films to be screened during the festival include:
- Automatic Shirt, Dirs. Michael Mahoney & Katarina Zizis
- Black Lily, Dir. Jimmy Jolly
- Client Call, Dir. Benicio Calo
- Dream of Life, Dir. Daniel Bowling
- From the Foot of Her Bed, Dir. Abby MacDowell
- LEGO Justice League vs. Starro the Conqueror, Dir. Calvin Brown
- Lost in Yesterday, Dir. Emma Grosklos
- Scenario, Dir. Ryan Lucht
- Spring Fish: COVID Dialogues, Dir. Gabriel Xavier
- Static, Dir. Nicolas Zingalie
- Swedish Fish, Dir. Barbara Craig
- Talent Show, Dir. Jake Harness
- The Music from Within, Dir. Andrew Cirincione
- The Shipment, Dir. Rocky Nguyen
- To the Boy Who Hurt Me, Dir. Maris Huangying Wirt
- Wired Mind, Dir. Joni Zacherl
Among the films being screened, Lucht’s award-winning short film Scenario was previously mentioned in a Student Success Stories profile of Lucht on the csuohio.edu website.
For more details and information, visit class.csuohio.edu/film.