The semester is underway, and regularly pre-scheduled appointments for First Year and Exploratory advising are available!
Please visit Starfish to schedule your appointment online, or call 216.687.9376.
The First Year and Exploratory Advisors are also offering Zoom drop-in advising hours to assist students with academic related questions and/or concerns requiring 15 minutes or less. Virtual Drop-In Advising is available
Every Wednesday: 1:00p.m.-4:30p.m.
Click here to connect with us via Zoom and join the virtual waiting room:
Please be aware that we have high volume of traffic, and at times there may be a wait. If you receive the pop-up message below when joining the Zoom link, the virtual waiting room is at capacity and the advisors are unable to assist any additional students. Please call 216.687.9376 to schedule an appointment, or visit Starfish to self-schedule. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
Our Advisors guide incoming students during their transition to Cleveland State University and through their first year. By providing individualized support, First Year and Exploratory Advisors help students build a foundation for academic success and professional development leading towards graduation and future career goals.
Our Advisors advance the mission by:
- Building connections - developing relationships with students, establishing trust, and connecting them to the campus community and resources
- Engaging students in learning - exploring majors, fostering personal development and growth, clarifying goals, developing an academic plan, and cultivating accountability
- Empowering a growth mindset - promoting self-efficacy and a personal belief in their abilities
- Fostering dignity and respect - honoring and supporting students' diverse needs, values, and experiences
- Promoting advocacy - teaching students tools to self-advocate and helping them navigate barriers