The following admission requirements apply to all students applying to graduate programs.
Students must meet all of the following minimum requirements.
- Completed application form with a $30 non-refundable application fee drawn on U.S dollars, payable to Cleveland State University. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Official transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. If transcripts are not in English, please include an official/certified English translation of the original documents.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency.
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better. www.csuohio.edu/ce/ielp/
- Meet the current score requirements on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 525 (Paper Based Exam) or 65 Internet Based Exam (with minimum of 14 in sections). Only official test scores received directly from the testing authority (ETS) will be considered valid (www.ets.org).
- Pass the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0 (www.ielts.org).
- Pass the iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency) with a score of 5.0.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the 'O' (ordinary) Level or 'A' (advanced) Level of the General Certificate of Education. Scores must be no more than 2 years old.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE).
- Completion of English language studies (Level 112) from any of the ELS Language Centers (www.els.com).
- Completion of English Composition 1 and 2, at a 'C' level or better, equivalent to the CSU freshman English requirements at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT as required by your department. The admitting program has the option of requiring additional test results from applicants. Please check your department's requirements. Click here
- Letters of recommendation are required for most programs, but not all. Please check with your specific program requirement.
- Official financial statements and supporting documents showing sufficient funds are available for at least the first academic year.PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. No Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS2019) will be issued without evidence of suffcient financial support.
New TOEFL Requirements for Graduates applying for Business and Computer Science as of Fall 2007 semester:
- Paper Based Test (PBT) - 550 (or)
- Computer Based Test (PBT) - 213 (or)
- Internet Based Test (IBT) - ( Reading: 20, Listening: 21, Writing: 17, Speaking 20)
***Some graduate programs require higher TOEFL scores than the minimum listed. Please be sure to check your specific program requirements in the Graduate Catalog
If you have questions about the University's admission requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.