Cleveland State University accepts and processes applications up to a year prior to the semester for which you seek admission. Applying earlier will provide more options for course selection and financial aid.
Apply as a Freshman if you:
- Do not have previous college work following high school or after earning a GED
- Have only Military/ACE credit as reported on the Joint Service Transcript (JST) or the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript.
Apply as a Transfer Student if:
- Your JST or CCAF transcript show college credit earned from a regionally accredited college you apply as a transfer student. Note, it does not matter where you earned the college credit (e.g. on-base or at sea) as long as it is from a regionally accredited college including UMUC and Central Texas College.
- You have a transcript from any accredited college or university.
Apply as a Post-Baccalaureate Student when:
- You have an earned bachelor’s degree and are seeking a second bachelor’s degree, teacher certification or are fulling another program pre-requisite.
Apply as a Non-degree Student if:
- You are not seeking a four-year/bachelor’s degree you apply as a non-degree student
Apply as a Graduate Student when:
- You have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited college or university and are seeking a higher research or professional degree.
Apply as a Law Student when:
- You have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited college or university and are seeking a professional degree that can lead to the practice of law.
Military Transcript Information: