The Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Online Degree Completion Program is designed for students who have completed 60 hours or more of college course work. It enables experienced college students and professionals to earn an undergraduate degree from CSU with the flexibility of online study.
Organizational Leadership is a multidisciplinary program of study for those interested in leadership theory and practice. The program prepares students to assume leadership roles in organizational settings in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
The degree program is a joint venture of the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, the Monte Ahuja College of Business, and the School of Communication.
Students in the urban studies track with substantial prior learning experience may apply for credit through the Assessment and Accreditation of Prior Learning Experience program.
- Students may complete the BA in Organizational Leadership degree online in two academic years
- Courses are delivered online via CSU’s Blackboard E-learning platform
- Available to current CSU students and new transfer students
- Same CSU flat tuition rate for on-campus courses with an additional web course fee of $25.00 per credit hour
Students have the option to complete courses as a part-time student and at their own pace. Courses will be offered on a rotating basis throughout the academic year.
The program is designed to utilize previous college coursework and accommodate students who have completed an associate’s degree at a community college. Students must have a minimum of 60 semester hours completed (junior standing) and a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Students must have completed the required CSU general education course work or approved transfer equivalents :
- Introduction to University Life: only required for first-year CSU students
- English Composition: ENG 100/101 and ENG/UST 102 (grades of "C" or higher)
- Math: MTH 116*
- Natural Science: 7 credits of Natural Science with Lab
- Social Science: 3 credits of Non-US Social Science
- Arts and Humanities: 3 credits of Introductory Arts and Humanities, 3 credits of Non-US Arts and Humanities
- Social Diversity: 3 credits of African-American Experience*
- Foreign Language: Submission of official high school transcripts showing 2 years of one language successfully completed; completion of 2 consecutive semesters of introductory foreign language courses at CSU or a transfer institution; waiver of Foreign Language through verification by Modern Language Department by demonstrated proficiency
* Math and Social Diversity requirements are partially completed via Organizational Leadership major courses.
How to Apply
1) All students applying to the BA in Organizational Leadership - Online Degree Completion Program must also apply for regular admission to CSU. Please visit www.csuohio.edu/admissions for application.
2) Please complete and submit the online program application and a current resume.
- The statement of interest (included on the application) should be typed and no more than 1,000 words. It should provide insight into the applicant's areas of interest (academic and professional) and describe why the applicant is a strong candidate for the program
- Your current resume should include all professional and academic experience
Students may begin the program in any semester. Applications must be submitted no later than one month before the semester of entry. Please refer to the University Calendar for dates.
Incoming Transfer Students
- Final official transcripts must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the first semester. Admission may be revoked if final official transcripts have not been received and successful completion of necessary course work cannot be confirmed
- Additional information for Cuyahoga Community College transfer students
- Additional information for Lakeland Community College transfer students
- Additional information for Lorain Country Community College transfer students
Tuition and Fees
Cleveland State University tuition and fees are automatically calculated based on your enrollment status, residency and course selections. Visit the Office of Treasury Services website for information on tuition and fees. Students in the BA in Organizational Leadership - Online Degree Completion program are charged the regular CSU tuition rate with an additional web course fee of $25.00 per credit hour. Additional fees include books and supplies.
Students in the BA in Organizational Leadership - Online Degree Completion program experience savings on housing, meal plans, transportation and parking. Additionally, students taking online courses are not charged the $25.00 U-Pass fee for Main Campus students.
Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours (part-time student status) and meet all other compliance requirements to qualify for Financial Aid. For additional information about financial aid, as well as a step-by-step guide to completing the FAFSA, visit CSU's financial aid website.
Continuing CSU students and new transfer students are eligible to apply for Levin College scholarships. Students are also encouraged to apply for scholarships through external sources.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for courses?
By using your CampusNet account. Detailed CampusNet instructions are available for your convenience.
My employer is paying for the program. Where I can find information on reimbursement?
Detailed information, including the necessary forms, is available from Treasury Services. For specific questions regarding payment options and/or third-party reimbursement, please contact Campus411 at 216.687.5411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I buy my textbooks?
Log-on to your CSU Blackboard class to determine if the course will use hard copy textbooks or e-textbooks. Hard copy textbooks can be purchased online or by visiting the CSU Bookstore. Professors and/or the Blackboard course syllabus will provide information on obtaining e-textbooks.
I have specific program questions. Who can I talk to?
Contact the College of Urban Affairs Office of Student Services at 216.687.3884 or email@example.com.