Information for New Urban Affairs Graduate Students

Levin College of Urban Affairs: Advising
Telephone: (216) 687-3884
UR 205

Graduate Programs Coordinator

Dave Arrighi, M.Ed.
Telephone: (216) 523-7522


CSU Bookstore 
Textbooks may be purchased or rented
Telephone: (216) 687-2128
CSU Student Center, 1st floor

Viking Student ID Card

The Viking Card is the official identification card for CSU students, faculty, and staff.  The first card is provided for free.  The Viking Card also serves as your CSU Library Card.  In order to receive your Viking Card, you must be enrolled in classes.  More information is available at the Viking Card Office homepage.
Telephone: (216) 875-9888
Main Classroom 112


Campus 411 All-in-One

Campus 411: assistance with admission, financial aid, student accounts, employer reimbursement
Telephone: (216) 687-5411
Main Classroom 116


The CSU Parking Office provides Information regarding student parking options.
Telephone: (216) 687-2023
Euclid Commons Room 160

Follow real-time parking updates via the My CSU Mobile App or click here for current parking availability

Enrolling in Classes

New degree-seeking students should meet with the Graduate Programs Coordinator to enroll.   Newly admitted students should also plan to meet with their Program Director within their first semester of enrollment.  Certificate and non-degree seeking students must meet with the Graduate Programs Coordinator in order to enroll in courses.

Quantitative Assessment:
All non-degree students must schedule the Quantitative Assessment.  In addition, degree-seeking students who scored less than the 60th percentile within the GRE quantitative section must schedule the assessment.  The assessment must be taken before registering for classes.  The admission letter you receive from your Program Director will address whether you need to take an assessment.

The Assessment will determine whether you place into UST 504 or UST 601.    Students who test into UST 504 must earn a minimum “B” before being eligible to enroll in UST 601.  To schedule your assessment, please contact Professor Winifred Weizer at

Whenever possible, Professor Weizer and the Graduate Programs Coordinator will attempt to coordinate so that you can take your assessment and have an advising appointment on the same day.  Please allow approximately two hours to meet with both Professor Weizer and the Graduate Programs Coordinator.


Used to enroll in classes, view your unofficial transcript, view your course schedule, view your Degree Audit, pay your tuition, sign your financial aid award letter, and more via CampusNet.

For assistance logging in to Campus Net, please call the CSU IS&T Help Desk at (216) 687-5050.

Computer Access

IS&T Help Desk: (216) 687-5050

There are various computers available throughout our wireless campus.  The College of Urban Affairs students have access to labs in the Urban Affairs building in Rooms 39 & 40.

Borrow an iPad or Laptop for up to 5 hours from the Mobile Campus, which is located in the Student Center Room 128.  

CSU e-mail accounts are available for all students.  Access to e-mail is available through the CSU homepage ( and may be accessed using your Campus Net ID and password.


CSU E-mail

Each student has a CSU e-mail account. To view your e-mail address, login to Campus Net. Once logged in, go to the "Personal" tab and then click on "E-mail," which is located on the line below the tabs.

If you do not plan to use your CSU e-mail, then please forward message to another valid e-mail account.  E-mail forwarding is set up through your Campus Net account. 

To access your CSU e-mail, enter the same login and password used to access Campus Net.

Assistance with Writing

CSU Writing Center
Telephone:  (216) 687-6981
Rhodes Tower 124                        

Research Assistance

Diane Kolosionek
Telephone: (216) 802-3358

Visit the CSU Library, located in Rhodes Tower in the middle of campus.


The CSU Counseling Center offers a variety of individual personal counseling, including stress management, dealing with depression, relationships, and test anxiety. The Counseling & Academic Success Clinic is a non-crisis service offering assistance with academic coaching, career planning, developing effective time management skills, college transition, and wellness coaching.  

Academic Calendar

Consult the CSU Academic Calendar for important dates including:
Semester beginning and ending dates
Deadlines to add and/or withdraw
Final exams dates
Listing of university holidays

Internships & Mentoring

Graduate students can earn credit toward their degree via an internship. For more information, please contact Rob Ziol.
Telephone: (216) 687-3509

Campus Police

Contact the Campus Police for:
Campus Escorts
Keys locked in your car

Non-Emergency telephone: (216) 687-2020
Emergencies from any campus phone: 9-1-1 or 8-9-1-1

Campus Map

View a current map of CSU Campus.

Graduate Catalog

Consult the Graduate Catalog for:
Course descriptions
Academic standing regulations
Grading policies
Time limits for degree completion


College of Graduate Studies
Telephone: (216) 687-9370
Parker Hannifin Hall 227

Graduate Student Resource Center: (216) 687-3536


Other Important Links

Levin College of Urban Affairs homepage

Graduate Programs
Program checklists are available under “Curriculum Sheet” link within each grad program

Levin Graduate Assistantship and Tuition Grant Information and Application

Levin Scholarships

Blackboard login

Syllabi: Access from the Departmant of Urban Studies page.