Applied Economics and Public Policy (Certificate)
The certificate program in Applied Economics and Public Policy is designed for students who are interested in current economic issues and the public policy for dealing with these issues. The program is intended for students with minimal previous preparation in economics. With three exceptions, the courses required for the certificate in economics require no more than a background in principles of economics.
The program requires students to complete four courses (a minimum of 15 hours). The courses must be selected from the list below and must include at least three courses in economics.
- ECN 333 Economics of Health Care (4 hours)
- ECN 360 Public Sector Economics (4 hours)
- ECN 450 Economics of Law (4 hours)
- ECN 474 Environmental and Natural Resource Economics (4 hours)
- ECN 475 Labor Economics (4 hours)
- ECN 482 International Economics (4 hours)
- PSC 315 Public Policy and Administration (4 hours)
- SOC 203 Sociology of Poverty (3 hours)
There are two general paths to acquiring the certificate: