The Summer Transition Enrichment Program (STEP) is a six-week college academic readiness program for incoming freshmen of Cleveland State University:
- Any new CSU students who are entering Fall 2020 and have placed into Math 87 and/or ENG 100.
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) students entering Fall 2020 who have placed into college ready courses determined by ACT/SAT or placement exams.
- Any college ready, new CSU students who need BIO 100 or BIO 200 in the fall.
All STEP students will be enrolled in ASC 101-Introduction to University Life.
June 29, 2020 - August 7, 2020
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 1:30PM
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY for all synchoronus lecture and SI sessions
- Experience of a structured online learning environment
- Successful completion of their first online course(s)
- Guided transition into college with techniques to improve study skills
- Completion of MTH 84 & ENG 110 prepares students for college-level courses in the fall
- Earn credit for Intro to University Life - ASC 100
- Potential opportunity to start Intro BIO (BIO 200) in the fall rather than BIO 100
- Instructors will assess the BIO 100 students at the end of the program to determine if those students can bypass BIO 100 and enroll in BIO 200 in the fall
- Completion of ASC 100:
- Free up schedules for other classes in the fall
- Gives participants an introduction to Cleveland State University resources
- Helps create realistic expectations about academic requirements for university students
- Transition participants from high school to college