As a new freshman or a transfer student, you are being asked to address a number of new issues for which you might not be completely prepared. We want you to succeed academically! Here are some of the basics regarding your tuition and your student account:
- Payment for your registered classes is required before the first day of the academic semester.
- For the Fall 2018 term, payment in full is due before Monday, August 20, 2018
- For the Spring 2019 term, payment in full is due before Monday, January 7, 2019
- For the Summer 2019 term, payment in full is due before Monday, May 13, 2019
- An alternative is to enroll in the budget payment plan. Our budget payment plans are interest free and there is no application fee to enroll in a payment plan. We can incorporate your tuition, housing, course fees, and parking hangtag into your monthly payments. You must enroll online every semester. Make your initial payment and then it’s just a few clicks to enroll (go to the Account tab, then the Payment Plan tab on CampusNet). Remember, you must make your first payment BEFORE the due date. If your payments are not received by the due date, you will be subject to $100 late fees each month your account remains unpaid.
- It takes time to maneuver through financial aid, especially the first time. If you are late in applying for financial aid, or are still waiting for your award letter, you should enroll in a budget payment plan. Any overpayment will be refunded to you after your financial aid has been disbursed. Students who choose to wait for their aid to disburse may incur late fees - these are not refundable.
- We support the University's sustainability initiatives - we do NOT send out paper invoices.
- All students should make a refund selection to ensure that any funds due to you are processed and issued to you as quickly as possible. Via your CampusNet account, click on the ACCOUNT tab, then the REFUNDS tab and follow the 3 steps to set up direct deposit as your refund option.
- Use CampusNet to verify your account balance and make your payments. You can avoid the lines and still meet all the payment deadlines!
- We send out courtesy reminder email notices just before a payment due date is approaching. Please pay attention to these. They will help you avoid late payment fees. Not receiving an email, or not reading it in time, doesn't mean your payment isn't due.
- If you are enrolled in a payment plan: missing a payment, making a late payment or making only a partial payment will result in a $50 late fee being assessed each month.
- If you are not enrolled in a payment plan: a $100 late fee will be assessed each month your account remains unpaid. Late fees are assessed the day after a due date.
- Please keep your mailing address current on CampusNet.
- Update your email address on CampusNet. Every student receives a CSU email address. You can forward your mail from your CSU account to a personal email account. That way you only need to check one place for current information from the University. Please note that often an instructor will provide a Blackboard email address to access academic information. Your CSU email account (ending with @vikes.csuohio.edu) is the email address utilized by administrative offices, including Treasury Services, to communicate with students.
- “Like Us” on Facebook and you’ll receive important text messages reminding you of approaching due dates.
Right to Withhold Services
Cleveland State University authorizes the Office of Treasury Services to restrict any services to current/former students and current/former employees until any past due amounts owed to the University are paid in full. These services include, but are not limited to, the release of all academic records (e.g., diploma, and transcripts), the continuation of auxiliary services (health insurance), and registration for future semesters. Past due amounts include, but are not limited to: fees, tuition, library, health services charges, fines and loans due to the University. Note, if your account has a financial hold, and you pay your balance via check or electronic check, please allow 5 business days before financial holds are removed.