ENROLL ON-LINE! ENROLL EVERY SEMESTER!
There is no enrollment fee to participate in THE budget payment plan
Cleveland State offers one payment plan as an optional arrangement to make current semester tuition payments more affordable by spreading payments over a number of months. This payment plan is available to all students, regardless of the number of credits or tuition amount. The budget payment plan is also an option for students accepting financial aid. A few new things to consider:
- Your initial payment must be made BEFORE you can enroll in a Budget Payment Plan
- Your initial payment must be the sum of any previous amount due PLUS a minimum percentage of your current term balance, as defined below:
- For the FALL semester, your initial payment must be 25% of your total account balance PLUS any previous semester balance. This payment must be received by our August due date, the Monday BEFORE classes begin.
- Subsequent payments will be 25% of your remaining balance each month, in September, October & November.
- For the SPRING semester, your initial payment must be 25% of your total account balance PLUS any previous semester balance. This payment must be received by our January due date, the Monday BEFORE classes begin.
- Subsequent payments will be 25% of your remaining balance each month, in February, March & April.
- For the SUMMER semester, your initial payment must be 33% of your total account balance PLUS any previous unpaid balance. This payment is due by our May due date, the Monday BEFORE classes begin.
- Subsequent payments will be 50% of your remaining balance in June & July
- You must enroll in a payment plan EVERY semester
- Payments are due by the date specified on your CampusNet account
- Due dates are ALWAYS on a MONDAY.
- You can make payments electronically through CampusNet, mail in your payments or make a payment in person at the Cashier's Office (MC115)
- Late or partial payments are assessed a penalty of $50 each month
- If you add or drop classes, the amount of each of your remaining payments will be automatically adjusted
- If you receive financial aid, these monies will apply to the last installment first and work your balance down in reverse order – you may owe only a first payment and not a second, third or fourth.
- Federal regulations prohibit the use of current financial aid for payment of past-due charges
- You must be in good financial standing with Cleveland State to be eligible to participate in a payment plan
- All current semester fees owed to the University are included in the terms of a payment plan. Prior balances CANNOT be included with a current semester payment plan. Each semester's payment plan must be paid in full prior to a student being eligible to participate in a new payment plan.
- The payment plan application constitutes a promissory note for education purposes and your enrollment includes a valid electronic signature. These charges are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Should this debt be placed in the hands of a collection agency or an attorney for collection, or should suit be brought to collect the outstanding balance, the student agrees to pay all costs of collection, including but not limited to, the reasonable fees and cost charged by a collection agency, filing fees, all costs and expenses arising from any suit filed to enforce this note including reasonable attorney's fees.
Do you want an easy, FREE way to spread the cost of tuition and fees equally throughout the semester?
Then apply on-line for a Budget Payment Plan
- Your payments will be due in:
Fall Semester Spring Semester Summer Semester August January May September February June October March July November April
- Make your initial payment and then enroll on-line through CampusNet. Click on the Account tab and then the Payment Plan tab. Your first payment must be received before the first day of academic instruction. Late fees are assessed the day after our due dates.
Does your employer have a tuition reimbursement program where they pay you after you've successfully completed your course work?
Once you submit your Employer Verification documents and make your first payment, enroll on-line through CampusNet. Then we’ll modify your payment plan so you'll only need to make one final payment 21 days after the last day of academic instruction.
Please note that your account will begin accruing late fees if your first payment and verification documents are not received before the first day of academic instruction. Please make your payment and submit your employer verification documents on time; late fees will not be reversed.
Your employer verification documents can be faxed directly to our office at 216-687-9363 or mailed to:
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Avenue UN 450
Cleveland, OH 44115
Then enroll on-line for the Summer Budget Payment Plan. Payments are due in May, June and July, regardless of which sessions you are enrolled in.
Does your employer have a reimbursement program where they pay the University directly and you don't need to pay any out of pocket expenses up front?
Then enroll in the Third Party Sponsorship Program.
- Complete the sponsorship document above (follow the link)
- You must provide paperwork from your sponsor authorizing us to invoice them on your behalf
- There is no enrollment fee
- You will be responsible for payment of any sundry expenses your employer does not cover (for example books or parking)
- If your employment status changes during the semester, you will be responsible for making payment in full immediately
- If your employer does not pay our invoice within 60 days of billing, all charges will be reversed to your student account and will be due immediately.
Are you an employee of the University? Or is your parent an employee? You may be eligible for Staff Development or Fee Authorization.
- Visit the Human Resources web site after logging into MyCSU to review the eligibility requirements.
- To download an enrollment form, log into MyCSU, click on the Human Resources tab under For Faculty and Staff, then click on Forms. The Staff Development and Fee Authorization Forms are printable as word documents or PDF's
- Staff Development and Fee Authorization forms are processed 3 weeks before a term begins.
Enrollment in a payment plan may still be a possibility. Your payments will be due over the course of the remaining months of the term. Your initial minimum payment plus any previous semester balance must be received before you are eligible to enroll in a current term payment plan.
Please be aware that late fees are assessed the day after a due date. Making an initial payment and then enrolling in a payment plan is the only way to avoid a late fee. If your financial aid covers the entire balance of your student account, we will refund your first payment after your aid has applied. If you choose not to make an initial payment and enroll in a payment, remember that late fees are not reversed.
Obtain a cross-registration payment form from the Office of the University Registrar's, website (under Forms), or visit Campus411 All-in-1 if you need assistance. (Cross-registration is only available during the Fall and Spring semesters.)