- PLEASE NOTE: THE OFFICE OF TREASURY SERVICES DOES NOT ISSUE PAPER INVOICES.
- PAYMENT DUE DATES, BALANCES AND OTHER IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON CAMPUSNET.
- EMAIL REMINDER NOTICES ARE SENT TO A STUDENT'S CSU EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY.
When to Pay
All payments are due on the MONDAY prior to the first day of instruction each semester. A student account must be paid in full or you must be enrolled in a payment plan before the first day of academic instruction in order to avoid late payment penalties, collection activity and account holds. The University will not register a student, confer a degree on a student, or provide a transcript to any student or former student who has any financial obligation to the University (other than a loan not yet due).
Students who have an unpaid balance or are not current with their budget payment plan installments will not be permitted to keep their future term enrollment. Students who have an outstanding balance at the end of a term may not participate in an upcoming term until their debt has been satisfied or reduced to an acceptable level.
Payment Due Dates
|Semester||Undergraduate / Graduate Students / Law Students|
|MONDAY, May 11, 2015|
|MONDAY, August 17, 2015|
|MONDAY, January 11, 2016|
|Summer 2016 (all sessions)||
MONDAY, May 16, 2016
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE USE OF CURRENT FINANCIAL AID FOR PAYMENT OF PAST-DUE CHARGES. STUDENTS MAY NOT USE CURRENT OR FUTURE FINANCIAL AID OVER $200 TO REPAY A DEBT FROM A PRIOR ACADEMIC YEAR. Federal Financial Aid will automatically pay your current academic year institution charges (i.e. tuition, fees, room & board) and up to $200 of any prior academic year charges. Non-Federal funds (private loans) can be used to pay a prior term balance.
The University assesses a $100 late charge on every student account each month if payment in full or enrollment in a payment plan with an accompanying payment is not received before the first day of academic instruction. Students enrolled in a budget payment plan are assessed a $50 late fee each month a payment is late or only a partial payment is received. Failure to pay amounts due may result in the referral of outstanding balances to a third party billing company or collection agency; additional fees may be assessed at that time. Cleveland State University utilizes a third party agent, ECSI to report unpaid balances over $1,000 to the national credit bureaus.
- For students on a Budget Payment Plan, please be aware that your first payment must be received BEFORE you are able to enroll on-line in a Budget Payment Plan. Your initial payment must include a minimum percentage of your current semester balance plus any previous amount due.
- Cash - Accepted in person at the Cashier's Office (MC115) only.
- Check - Accepted on-line, through the U.S. Mail and in person at the Cashier's Office.
- Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card are accepted on-line only. A 2.9% service charge is assessed.
- On-line - Secure electronic payments by check or by credit card can be made on-line through CampusNet. Log onto CampusNet and click on the Account tab, then on Make Payment and follow the instructions. Your student account balance is updated immediately when making a payment on-line.
- There is no fee to pay by electronic check. (Your bank routing numbe begins with the first two digits of 01 - 12, 21 - 32, or 61 - 72)
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Note that a 2.9% service fee is assessed with all credit card payments.
- Mail - Only checks and money orders made payable to Cleveland State University should be mailed. Payments should be sent to:
Cleveland State University
Cashier's Office - MC 115
2121 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Please write your CSU ID number on the front of the check. Do not mail credit card information or cash. Also, do not use the interoffice Campus Mail service to deliver any check, credit card or cash payment.
- In Person - Checks, money orders or cash payments are accepted at the Cashier's Office located in the Main Classroom Building room 115 during regular business hours.
- Express Payment Center (located outside the Cashier's area in MC115) - Checks and money orders can be securely deposited at the Express Payment Center. Payments are processed before noon on the next business day. Please include your CSU ID number on all checks.
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize CSU to either use the information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. When we use information from your check to make an electronic funds transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day you make your payment.
- Check 21
The "Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act," also known as "Check 21" has been implemented within our Office. Check 21 allows Cleveland State to convert each paper check into a digital image, able to be transmitted electronically to the bank.
- Please be aware that funds are often debited from your account the same day your check is presented. It is important to make sure you have funds available in your account when you present a check as a form of payment.
- Dishonored Checks
If a check or e-check payment presented to CSU is returned by the bank for any reason (insufficient funds, closed account, stop payment, etc.) the returned check, along with a $30.00 returned check fee will be charged to the student account for whom the payment was presented. A $30.00 fee is assessed for each returned check regardless of the check amount. If an account indicates a history of returned checks, or a student fails to clear the check within 30 days, the University may suspend a student's check writing privileges. Please note that placing a stop payment on a check submitted to CSU as payment does not constitute a formal withdrawal from the University or cancellation of registration. Your student account may be assessed a late payment fee if your returned item causes your student account not to be paid by the tuition due date.
Foreign Checks and Wire Transfer Payments
Cleveland State University does not accept foreign checks. For the benefit of our international students, wire transfers are the preferred method of remitting payments. This allows a student to access their funds within 48 hours rather than the usual six to eight weeks required for processing a foreign check.
International students should utilize FlyWire (formerly known as peerTransfer) when paying from outside of the U.S. Go to csuohio.peertransfer.com to begin. You can also learn more here http://www.csuohio.edu/treasury-services/international-student-payments
Domestic Wire Transfer Payments
To pay by wire from a US bank account, please contact Ilaina Siggers at 216-523-7441, or email@example.com in the Office of Treasury Services for the actual routing number, swift code and account number.
|DOMESTIC Wire Transfers|
HUNTINGTON NATIONAL BANK
|ABA or Routing Number||xxxxxxxxx|
|Beneficiary||Cleveland State University|
|Beneficiary Account Number||xxxxxxxxx|
|Reference Information||Provide a student name and CSU ID number for the student that is to ultimately be credited for the funds|