Transfer Center

Frequently Asked Questions

You've Got Questions? We've Got Answers!


Who is eligible for the partnership?

Students who can answer "yes" to the statements below are eligible to participate in the Cleveland State University Partnership at Lorain County Community College:

  • I am intending to complete (or have completed) an associate's degree through Lorain County Community College.
  • I am intending to complete my first bachelor's degree through Cleveland State University.
  • I have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (including transcripts from all schools attended).

If you are unsure about your eligibility or have a question, contact the CSU Transfer Center at (216) 687-5568 or

How do I apply to the partnership program?

Students need to complete/submit:

  • CSU Partnership Application 
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges/ universities attended
  • Submit official high school transcripts

For step-by-step instructions, click here

How can I contact the CSU Partnership Office?

The office phone number is (216) 687-5568 or please email us at The voicemail and email are checked consistently throughout the week.

If I’m enrolled in one of the partnership programs, can I attend classes at both the community college and Cleveland State at the SAME time?

Yes, partnership students may take classes at both schools during the same semester. Students are encouraged to meet with an advisor to discuss the best options for completing classes. Students are able to take the following types of coursework through each school:

  • Lorain: Associate degree requirements, CSU general education requirements, and additional pre-requisite coursework.
  • Cleveland State: upper-division coursework and major requirements.

*Please note that financial aid can only be awarded by one school each term.

As a partnership student, how do I register for classes?

Class registration for both schools is done online. Each online system requires a student username and password (for CSU, this would be your student ID number and CampusNet password). In order to register for CSU classes, you much be an admitted Cleveland State University student.  Use the links below to view and schedule classes. 

How will my tuition account be calculated?

If you are a Cleveland State partnership student enrolled in both CSU courses and partnership school courses, then you will have two separate tuition bills. Check all tuition dates and deadlines for each institution and make payment arrangements accordingly. To view the CSU fee schedule click here.

Can I receive financial aid as a partnership student?

Yes. However, you can only receive financial aid from one institution-not both. Cleveland State will process your financial aid based on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in solely at Cleveland State.

If I accept financial aid through Cleveland State, can I use my CSU refund to pay tuition expenses at my partnership school?

Yes. Any funds above the cost of the charges on your CSU bill will be refunded to you. Refunds are given through Direct Deposit.  You may use your refund to pay tuition at your partnership school or for related educational expenses.

As a partnership student, can I enroll in Cleveland State courses at another CSU campus?

Yes. As a Cleveland State University student, you may enroll in CSU courses at any of our campus locations.

Where can I purchase my CSU textbooks?

Textbooks are available to purchase at the following locations:

  • Lorain’s College Bookstore
  • Cleveland State Bookstore website
  • Cleveland State University Bookstore

How can I meet with a Cleveland State academic advisor?

Cleveland State University believes that academic advising is an essential component of academic engagement and success for all of our students. 

  • Students already admitted to CSU can schedule an appointment with their college advisor, by calling the Partnership Office at (440) 366-4850.
  • Students interested in CSU (who have not yet applied to Cleveland State), who would like an unofficial Transfer Credit Evaluation, may also call the Partnership Office at (440) 366-4850 to schedule an appointment with the CSU Partnership Coordinator.

Can I participate in Cleveland State graduation ceremonies?

Yes. You have earned your baccalaureate degree from Cleveland State and we encourage you to participate in the CSU graduation ceremonies and celebrate your success!