The Degree Link program provides a structured academic pathway to a four-year degree for students who would benefit from starting their educational journey at Tri-C. Collaborative academic advising will guide students from the beginning of their studies at Tri-C through their associate’s degree program and eventually graduation from CSU with a bachelor’s degree. It also allows students to seamlessly register for classes at both Tri-C and CSU, and take up to three CSU classes tuition free, all while taking advantage of both institutions’ special events and facilities.
This partnership makes earning a four-year degree possible for students of all backgrounds, and will allow students to focus on their studies while prepping for a successful career after graduation.
The initiative is the model for similar partnerships CSU has created with Lorain County Community College and Lakeland Community College. All are designed to create a comprehensive, assistive pathway for students to make the transition from community college to Cleveland State, graduation and a successful career.
Benefits of the program include:
- Degree Link will provide dual admission to Tri-C and CSU from day one, upon meeting admissions criteria, with no additional application fees required
- Students in the program will receive a CSU Viking ID and can take advantage of special events and facilities at both institutions.
- Ability to take up to 3 classes tuition free at CSU while attending Tri-C
- Participants will gain financial savings and cost predictability at CSU by locking in tuition and fee rates via the CSU Guarantee.
- Collaborative advising from both Tri-C and CSU advising staff, including access to Tri-C transfer specialists and pre-enrollment services.
- Cost-effective and time-efficient pathway to a four-year degree
- Endowed Scholarship available from Tri-C (approximately 10 $500 awards each year given after the student has matriculated to CSU and successfully completed one semester)
- Priority consideration for transfer scholarships for those who meet the academic qualifications
Full Admission Requirements:
Completion of 12 college-level credit hours, including college-level English and math, is needed to earn full admission to CSU.
Completing these requirements guarantees admission to CSU, not specific programs that have higher admission standards or require an additional application.