Students will be placed into English courses based on their ACT, SAT, or HS GPA scores as follows:
ACT 19 OR BELOW
ACT 26 OR ABOVE
Math placement is an important first step for freshmen as well as those transfer students who have not successfully completed college-level math courses. The math placement test is offered online through CampusNet. Students are not required to be on campus to take this exam. ACT/SAT scores or HS GPA are used to determine which math placement test students are required to take.
HS GPA 3.49 or below
HS GPA 3.5 or above
|Take Math Placement Test||Automatically placed into a|
college level math class (MTH 167 or lower)*
* If you are pursuing one of the following majors, you will need to take the math placement exam. Testing into the calculus series of math will save you time towards graduation:
- Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Information Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Testing Services administers computerized placement exams in Spanish, French and Chinese.
- The Department of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures uses the test results in order to place students in the appropriate course.
- Testing Services is located in Rhodes Tower West, Room 215.
- Sample tests are available: English is here and Mathematics is here.
- Tests are administered by appointment only. Please call 216-687-2272 to make an appointment.
- All students must present a photo ID on test day.
- CSU accepts AP and CCP credits. Please see an academic advisor for approval.