As we move forward during this spring semester, the Center for Student Involvement is compiling a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help your organization during the ongoing pandemic. If you have a question that’s not listed below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to check back to this page as we update this information throughout the semester.
Can our student organization hold activities on campus?
Until further notice, the University is still encouraging all Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) to continue to hold their meetings and events virtually. For spring 2021 semester, RSOs may request permission to hold activities on campus in accordance with local and state guidelines for the number of participants and if they are able to secure a space that allows for the 6-foot social distancing requirement. Student activities will be defined as tabling, meetings, and events.
Student Affairs will reserve the right to decline a proposal if it is deemed best as an online activity. RSO on-campus activities will be approved on a limited basis. No more than 5 on-campus events will be permitted any given week. Off-campus events are not currently permitted.
All event requests will be reviewed and MUST adhere to the following guidelines:
- No more than 10 people including organizers in the activity space.
- Face coverings must be worn by all participants.
- One faculty/staff advisor must be present the entire time and is counted in the group limit of 10.
- No public/buffet food. All food must be boxed and taken to-go.
- Social distancing must be followed – 6 feet or more between tables/people in line, etc.
- Activity must use a pre-event registration.
- Activity must have people swipe in at event.
- Activity request must be submitted and approved by organization advisor (and organization president if president did not submit request) at least 5 business days prior to event.
- Participants must complete daily health assessment prior to coming to campus.
Can our student organization hold meetings or events off campus?
Student organizations are not permitted to hold in person meetings or events off campus. All meetings and events should be held virtually. This is subject to change.
I have money to deposit into my organization’s agency account. What do I do?
For the time being, CSU Treasury Services is asking student organizations to keep all cash deposits until further notice. The cashier's office is not open for cash deposits. However, if your organization currently has checks only for deposit, we ask you to notify us by completing the Student Organization Deposit form at: https://vikesconnect.csuohio.edu/submitter/form/start/335721. Once you submit this form, one of our staff will reach out to you with more information and directions. If you have any questions, please contact the budget officer at email@example.com.
Can our organization submit purchase requests for ordering things like promotional materials, supplies or other items?
Organizations may submit purchase requests via their finance tool in VikesConnect. Our budget officer will work with you to place orders and make arrangements for you to pick up your items. For instructions on purchasing guidelines/policies and how to submit a purchase request in VikesConnect, please refer to the RSO Finance Manual. If you have any questions, please contact the budget officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can members of our organization travel to in person conferences/conventions?
Requests for travel outside of Cuyahoga County and within Ohio will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Airline travel will not be approved. Note that no university funding will be granted for travel.
Can our organization have an information table in the Student Center?
Tabling inside or outside may be requested, but is subject to the conditions listed above regarding on-campus RSO activities.
Can our organization have a banner hung in the Student Center?
No changes will be made to banners in Spring 2021.
How can we promote our student organization and outreach to students?
- Screens in Student Center: Even though many students are taking classes remotely, there are still students on campus and using the Student Center. For the SC screens, CSI has a submission form in VikesConnect. The form has all the information about the image type/size and details. Link to that form is: https://vikesconnect.csuohio.edu/submitter/form/start/318528.
- Viking Newsletter: Submit your news post here: https://vikesconnect.csuohio.edu/submitter/form/start/354585. The Viking Newsletter is sent to all CSU students every Monday morning.
- News Post in VikesConnect: Student organizations can create their own news post in VikesConnect. There is a News tool they can use and news posts will appear in the system. More information about the news tool is found on the software company’s help website. Click here for more information.
- Partner with other student organizations: Reach out to other like-minded organizations and share each other's information. There may be opportunities to partner with other organizations and assist each other by cross-promoting your organizations and events.
- Social Media: Use social media and make sure to tag Student Life to share. Student Life social media account handles are:
- Instagram: @clestatestudentlife
- Twitter: @CSU_StudentLife
- Facebook: @csuohio.studentlife
- Contact student media organizations: The Cauldron, The Vindicator, or The Gavel are always looking for story ideas. Send them a press release.
Do student organizations need to purchase their own Zoom license to hold meeting or virtual events?
No, student organizations do not need to purchase their own Zoom license. If you are faculty, staff or a student at CSU, you already have access to a licensed version of Zoom. Questions regarding ZOOM access should be directed to the Center for Instructional Technology and Distance Learning at email@example.com. Organizations are also encouraged to collaborate with other groups. Reach out to the Division of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional opportunities for promotion. The Center for Student Involvement is also available to assist organizations with Zoom. Please email them at email@example.com.
Center for Instructional Technology and Distance Learning Zoom Live Help Meeting (MON-FRI, 8AM-5PM EST) https://csuohio.edu/zoomhelp -Or Meeting ID:308 330 8350