As we move forward during this fall semester, the Center for Student Involvement is compiling a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help your organization during the ongoing pandemic. If you have a question that’s not listed below, please email us at email@example.com. Make sure to check back to this page as we update this information throughout the semester.
Can our student organization hold meetings or events on campus?
With the November 17th announcement that Cleveland State University will complete the fall 2020 semester remotely after the Thanksgiving holiday, CSI will not consider any further on-campus student organization activity requests for fall semester. We will update when we are able the University approved event request process for spring semester 2021.
Can our student organization hold meetings or events off campus?
Student organizations are not permitted to hold in person meetings or events off campus. All meetings and events should be held virtually. This is subject to change.
I have money to deposit into my organization’s agency account. What do I do?
For the time being, CSU Treasury Services is asking student organizations to keep all cash deposits until further notice. The cashier's office is not open for cash deposits. However, if your organization currently has checks only for deposit, we ask you to notify us by completing the Student Organization Deposit form at: https://vikesconnect.csuohio.edu/submitter/form/start/335721. Once you submit this form, one of our staff will reach out to you with more information and directions. If you have any questions, please contact the budget officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can our organization submit purchase requests for ordering things like promotional materials, supplies or other items?
Organizations may submit purchase requests via their finance tool in VikesConnect. Our budget officer will work with you to place orders and make arrangements for you to pick up your items. For instructions on purchasing guidelines/policies and how to submit a purchase request in VikesConnect, please refer to the RSO Finance Manual. If you have any questions, please contact the budget officer at email@example.com.
Can members of our organization travel to in person conferences/conventions?
Requests for travel outside of Cuyahoga County and within Ohio will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Airline travel will not be approved. Note that no university funding will be granted for travel. More details are to come.
Can our organization have an information table in the Student Center?
No tabling is permitted on campus, indoors or outdoors.
Can our organization have a banner hung in the Student Center?
No changes will be made to banners in Fall 2020.
How can we promote our student organization and outreach to students?
- Screens in Student Center: Even though many students are taking classes remotely, there are still students on campus and using the Student Center. For the SC screens, CSI has a submission form in VikesConnect. The form has all the information about the image type/size and details. Link to that form is: https://vikesconnect.csuohio.edu/submitter/form/start/318528.
- Viking Newsletter: Submit your news post here: https://vikesconnect.csuohio.edu/submitter/form/start/354585. The Viking Newsletter is sent to all CSU students every Monday morning.
- News Post in VikesConnect: Student organizations can create their own news post in VikesConnect. There is a News tool they can use and news posts will appear in the system. More information about the news tool is found on the software company’s help website. Click here for more information.
- Partner with other student organizations: Reach out to other like-minded organizations and share each other's information. There may be opportunities to partner with other organizations and assist each other by cross-promoting your organizations and events.
- Social Media: Use social media and make sure to tag Student Life to share. Student Life social media account handles are:
- Instagram: @clestatestudentlife
- Twitter: @CSU_StudentLife
- Facebook: @csuohio.studentlife
- Contact student media organizations: The Cauldron, The Vindicator, or The Gavel are always looking for story ideas. Send them a press release.
Do student organizations need to purchase their own Zoom license to hold meeting or virtual events?
No, student organizations do not need to purchase their own Zoom license. If you are faculty, staff or a student at CSU, you already have access to a licensed version of Zoom. Questions regarding ZOOM access should be directed to the Center for Instructional Technology and Distance Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations are also encouraged to collaborate with other groups. Reach out to the Division of Student Affairs at email@example.com for additional opportunities for promotion. The Center for Student Involvement is also available to assist organizations with Zoom. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Instructional Technology and Distance Learning Zoom Live Help Meeting (MON-FRI, 8AM-5PM EST) https://csuohio.edu/zoomhelp -Or Meeting ID:308 330 8350