Are you finishing your service soon? Do you already have a bachelor’s degree?
Have you considered a health career as your next step professionally?
If you are considering a healthcare career, Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio offers the Individualized Pre-Professional Post Baccalaureate Program to military veteran’s seeking to gain entry into careers in anesthesia assisting, dentistry, medicine, occupational therapy, optometry, pharmacy, physician assistant, physical therapy, and veterinary medicine. The program was established for veteran’s with a healthcare background and interest to complete additional undergraduate work to apply. You will gain the understanding needed to take the entrance exams and apply to competitive health programs. Cleveland State will partner you with the Veteran Student Success Program- Viking Vets and the Office of Pre-Professional Health Programs to help you navigate throughout CSU, Cleveland, and beyond with success.
What You Get
- Individualized timeline created for you to be successful
- Connections to the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center and other hospital systems for volunteering, research, and shadowing
- Connection to military Health Professional Scholarship Program Personnel for support and information to get assistance
- Comprehensive application assistance from preparing for your entrance exam to submitting your application
- You can apply and begin the program at any time during the academic year: Fall, Spring, or Summer
To Apply: Visit https://www.engagecsu.com/ and your application fee will be waived as a veteran.
- Cleveland is a national hub of healthcare and an excellent place to gain experience through the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, MetroHealth Hospitals, and many low cost and free clinics.
- Cleveland has an international airport and is a hub airport for fast travel around the country.
- We are home to almost every health program right here if you choose to stay:
- Anesthesia Assistant: Master of Science in Anesthesia at Case Western Reserve University
- Dental: Case Western Reserve University
- Medicine: Case Western Reserve University, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Occupational Therapy: Cleveland State University
- Optometry: Ohio State University
- Pharmacy: Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Physician Assistant: Multiple programs in Cleveland
- Physical Therapy: Cleveland State University
- Veterinary Medicine: Ohio State University
Sample Schedule for Pre-Medical Post Baccalaureate Students
FA: Biology I, General Chemistry I
SP: Biology II, General Chemistry II, Physics I
FA: Organic Chemistry I, Physics II
SP: Organic Chemistry II, Biochemistry
*All plans are subject to change based on each student. This is not a cohort experience and students are able to be flexible throughout the entire program to meet their needs in and out of the classroom.
Please click on the FAQ for more information about the post baccalaureate programs at Cleveland State.