What is Operation STEM?
Operation STEM targets STEM majors, primarily First Time Full Time Freshman (FTFTF), and provides them with a 2-week Summer Institute to help establish a community of peers. In addition, STEM Peer Teachers (SPTs) provide 150 minutes per week of mandatory SPT instructional learning sessions and Project-Based Learning (PBL) activities in the Precalculus and Calculus classes. STEM Scholars also receive mentoring and individualized attention in order to help ensure successful completion of their STEM degree.
click HERE to see what we're all about!
The program components:
- A Two-Week, 8-Day Intensive Summer Institute
- A Community of Peers
- First Year Semester Stipends
- Tuition-Free Summer Calculus Scholarship
- STEM Peer Teacher (SPT) instruction, mentoring and individualized attention
- Precalculus and Calculus SPT Sessions
- One-on-One Tutoring/Office Hours/Math Learning Center
- STEM Speaker Presentations
- Enrichment Workshops
- Faculty Mentors
Goal of Operation STEM
Increase the number of students to successfully complete the Precalculus I to Calculus II sequence and graduate with a STEM degree.
To Register: Access the following link: