The Diversity Council promotes awareness, accommodation, and appreciation of differences among students, faculty, and staff of the College of Sciences and Health Professions.
Student Engagement and Success
The College offers a diverse portfolio of programs designed to broaden participation in mathematics, the sciences and heath professions. Programs concentrate on student success and preparing participants to enter the workforce or the next stage of their academic career. Built on national models and best practices, many provide scholarships or other incentives to participate and offer engagement opportunities ranging from authentic research experiences and faculty mentoring or specialized advising to various networking, community building, and service activities.
Choose Ohio First (see mathematics or life science tracks)
Continuing Education and Professional Development:
Infrastructure: Faculty, Staff and Culture
- CSU is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse student bodies among Ohio universities: 36% of students are African-American, American Indian, Asian, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, multiracial or residents of countries outside the USA.
- CSU has received the High Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award from Insight into Diversity magazine for three consecutive years.
- CSU was designated a Hall of Fame institution by the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Commission on Economic Inclusion for best-in-class achievement for Senior Diversity Management.
- Institutions Developing Excellence in Academic Leadership (NSF IDEAL-N)
- Respecting Diversity: Practical Trips for Engaging with All Students
- Calendar of Religious Observances