College of Sciences and Health Professions Mission Statement
- To educate students for careers in science and provide science education to all students in the University.
- To foster the development and application of new knowledge through research and scholarship.
- To promote a culture of service to the University and its diverse communities.
Within this broad context the College will:
- Advance the purposes and activities of all disciplines of its constituent departments by uniformly facilitating, encouraging, and respecting the pedagogy, scholarship, and practice of each.
- Promote quality teaching through pedagogical excellence, instructional innovation, and application of technology.
- Meet the needs of all CSU students in engaged learning through excellent instruction, individualized advising, and involvement in research and scholarship.
- Foster the creation of new knowledge through basic and applied research that both respects the methodologies and customs of each discipline and encourages cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Work with community partners to provide instruction with a real-life context and to understand community problems and find solutions for them.
- Forge internal and external partnerships that promote the advancement of science and its application.
- Promote a culture of service to the University, urban, and professional communities.
- Serve appropriate University, urban, regional, national, international, and professional communities.
College of Sciences and Health Professions Vision Statement
The College is currently developing our vision statement. In the meantime, please reference CSU's vision statement.