|What to Expect|
Pass/Fail Grading Option
Both undergraduate and graduate students will again have the option of selecting pass/fail for grading for Fall Semester 2020.
Note: The Law School is not providing a pass/fail grading option.
Details on pass/fail are as follows:
- Grades of C or better will qualify as a pass for undergraduates and grades of B or better will qualify as pass for graduate students.
- Students will be able to see their letter grade first before deciding if they want to select the pass/fail option.
- Some classes are exempt from pass/fail. Click here to see which classes are exempt.
- For more information, visit the Undergraduate FAQ and Graduate FAQ
2-for-1 Tuition Promise
Cleveland State University is offering a special tuition program for the Fall 2020 freshmen class. If you enroll at CSU as a new first-time freshman and successfully complete Fall Semester 2020, Spring Semester 2021 will be tuition-free after other financial aid has been applied.
- To academically qualify for the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise, students must:*
- Earn 12 credit hours in residence at CSU in the Fall 2020 semester
- Have a Fall 2020 semester GPA of at least 2.75, taking at least 1 credit-earning course for a letter grade
- Have a 2020-2021 FAFSA on file with CSU’s office of financial aid
*A list of the full requirements can be viewed at csuohio.edu/admissions/2-for-1-tuition-promise
While the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise is only available to entering freshmen for the Fall 2020 semester, remaining CSU undergraduate students can qualify for a $150 campus bookstore credit for Spring 2021.
- To qualify for the book scholarship, students must:
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate student returning to CSU for the Fall 2020 semester
- Earn 12 credit hours
- Earn a Fall 2020 semester GPA of at least 3.0, taking at least 1 credit-earning course for a letter grade
For more information, visit csuohio.edu/admissions/2-for-1-tuition-promise.