Halls close Saturday, May 11 at 5pm
END OF THE YEAR CLOSING
All residents who are not graduating, participating in commencement, law students, staying for the summer, or athletes participating in in-season sports must vacate within 24 hours of their last exam or by Saturday, May 11 at 5:00pm. Graduating seniors and those residents participating in commencement must vacate by Sunday, May 12 at 12:00 noon (need to fill out an extension application).
RESIDENTS WANTING TO STAY AFTER MAY 11 AT 5PM: need to complete an End of the Year Closing Request to Stay Application and Agreement by Friday, May 3 at 5:00PM. Click to download the form.
Residents have two options for checking out of their room:
- STANDARD CHECKOUT: Residents must sign up for a check-out time at least 24-hours in advance on the schedules hanging outside the RA’s door. Residents can sign up with another RA if their own RA is not available.
- Before your checkout appointment, you must remove all belongings from your room and clean the room.
- EXPRESS CHECKOUTS: If a resident doesn’t want their RA to do a walk-through of the room with them, the resident can go to the community desk and ask for an express checkout envelope. The resident will fill out the information on the envelope, place their keys inside, and give the completed envelope back to the Community Desk Assistant. No appointment is necessary for an express checkout.
- Before completing an express checkout, remove all belongings from your room and clean the room.
- If you choose an express checkout, you waive your right to appeal any cleaning/damages found when Residence Life staff assess your room.
See pages 12-13 of the Resident Handbook for more information about checking out of your room.
improper check out
Residents who choose not to check-out or who refuse to follow a Residence Life staff member’s requests or directions at the time of check out may be charged a $100.00 improper check out charge. Anything left behind in a resident room will either be thrown away or bagged as lost and found property and the resident will be billed. FAILURE TO TURN IN KEYS WILL RESULT IN A FINE.
preparing your room for check out
- Residents must complete the following cleaning tasks before their check out appointment –
- Empty and clean all drawers and closets
- Empty all wastebaskets
- Wipe down all furniture surfaces including chairs, desks, dressers, etc.
- Remove all stickers, tape, etc. from doors, walls, ceilings, mirrors, and windows
- Clean all writing off of walls, doors, desks, dressers, chairs, etc.
- Scour and scrub the bathroom thoroughly including the sink, tub, shower, toilet
- Scour and scrub the kitchen thoroughly including the sink, fridge, microwave and range
- Sweep and mop/vacuum the bedroom and bathroom
- Sweep and mop/vacuum common areas within their unit (living room, hallway)
If a resident fails to complete this cleaning checklist, a resident can be charged $100 for excessive cleaning. Cleaning should be completed before the first person in the unit checks out. If not, the charges will be split between all occupants.
parking and loading zones on move-out day
Wednesday, May 8 - Friday, May 10: 30-minute loading is available in the metered and vendor spaces on E. 24th Street. No double-parking is allowed, and no parking is allowed on the east side of E. 24th Street
Saturday, May 11: Active loading available on both the east and west sides of E. 24th Street. No double-parking is allowed. E. 24th by Euclid Commons will become one way to allow for loading on both sides of the street.
Sunday, May 12: 30-minute loading is available in the metered and vendor spaces on E. 24th Street. No double-parking is allowed, and no parking is allowed on the east side of E. 24th Street