Connect with Us Virtually and Stay Active - for Free!
Even though the CSU Rec Center facilities are limited right now, you can still be active and healthy with us at home! We have lots of offerings and resources to keep your body moving and your mind operating in tip-top shape (with more on the way!). Explore below and check back frequently as we continue to add more activities for your virtual, at-home arsenal!
• MENU •
Spring 2021 Virtual Programs & Events Schedule!
At-Home Workouts • Games & Puzzles • LIVE Virtual Fitness Classes
Challenges & Activities • ESport Leagues • From the CSU Rec Blog • Mindful Moments
Virtual Camp! • Shine Well • RecRewards at Home • Wellness Presentations
Virtual Personal Training • Isolation Nation Virtual 5K • Bonus Resources
We have a literal PLETHORA of brand new virtual programs and events coming your way over the next few months! With so many options, there really is something for everyone with more in the works. Stay active with us and experience so much of what you love about the CSU Rec Center remotely this Fall!
CSU Rec Game Night Series
Tuesdays at 7 beginning January 19 | Free! | Register HERE!
Winter + cold + raging pandemic = BOREDOM! But we're here to bring a little fun your way! Join us for an evening of fun and games and prizes every Tuesday night. Each week, we'll play a different party game with a different theme to boot, AND if your skills are sharp, you could be $25 richer by the end of the night. (Plus, all participants receives 25 Rec Rewards points each week that can be redeemed for prizes, as well!) Game nights take place via Zoom - register above each week to get the link & details for each week’s game.
- January 19 - Trivia "City of Cleveland"
- January 26 - Scavenger Hunt "Kitchen Edition"
- February 2 - Trivia "Cleveland Sports"
- February 9 - Bingo
- February 16 - Trivia "International"
- February 23 - Scavenger "Bedroom Edition"
- March 2 - Trivia "CSU Sports & More"
- March 9 - Bingo
- Additional week themes coming soon!
Cooking With The Rec!
Dates: January 22; February 5 & 19; March 5 & 26; April 9 & 23
Free! | Tune in on our YouTube Channel or IGTV Channel
You may not know it, but the CSU Rec is home to quite a few talented cooking enthusiasts and foodies, and we're sharing their talents with you this spring! We'll give you ingredient lists so you cook along with us, as well as cooking tips for 7 different themed meals that are both cost effective and nutritious (and delicious!). Wow your roommates, friends and family with your new skills! And be sure to share your culinary masterpieces with us by using #cookingcsurec and tagging @clestaterec for a chance to win prizes and Rec Rewards! Keep an eye on our Instagram page for recipes and ingredients lists leading up to each live event.
January–March | Free! | Sign up here...
Some of the best convos happen over a cup-a-joe! Our new Coffee Talks series is dedicated to sparking conversation and connecting you with people who share your interests in a laid-back, conversational [virtual] setting. Each 30-minute Coffee Talk will feature guest speakers engaging you with tutorials and thoughtful discussion on a variety of topics geared towards students and young adults. Topics include car maintenance 101, investing basics, personal finance, healthy living, history of Cleveland, and more! Sign up in advance to receive the Zoom link & password.
- January 26; 10am: Managing Personal Finances as a College Student
- February 10; 10am: How to Do Your Taxes: An Introduction
- February 17; TBD: Healthy Living 101: It's More Than Diet & Exercise
- March 9; 10am: Preventative Medicine and Understanding Your Healthcare Resources
- April 7; 10am: Investing 101 for New Professionals & Young Adults
- April 21; 10am: Basic Car Care: Maintenance, Troubleshooting Common Issues, How to Change a Tire & More
Campire Convos w/ Adventure Rec
January–May; 6pm | Free! | Email Brooke Hokes to join...
In today’s climate of pandemic restrictions, there’s never been a better time to get outside in nature! These interactive discussions will give you ideas and tips for exploring the great outdoors – even during winter! Tune in and shoot the breeze with us!
- January 28; 6pm: Snowshoeing 101 – Does winter have you bored? Want to try something new and not sure what? Join this convo to get beginner’s tips for snowshoeing, where to go, and how to rent snowshoes from Adventure Rec (on the cheap!).
- February 23; 6pm: Winter Camping Tips – We're all tired of being cooped up in our houses this winter. So, take advantage of the cold weather and create your own adventure! Pick up some know-how for camping in the cold weather during this convo, like what to bring to brace for the cold weather, how to prevent cold injuries, and more.
- March 4; 6pm: Type of Hiking Boots – Discover what hiking boot fits your needs (see what we did there?). We'll discuss various types of boots that are used for hiking, types of trails, and which boots are best for different landscapes and weather.
- April 22; 6pm: Earth Day – Make Earth Day every day! To celebrate Earth Day this year, our Adventure Rec team will talk about how to be more environmentally-conscious in your everyday life, with tips on recycling, composting, "going green" and more.
- May 10; 6pm: Beginner Camping Tips – Are you new to camping and don’t know how to get started? If so, this convo is for you! We'll share must-know tips for camping beginners, including what gear. you need, meal planning, and choosing a campsite.
AMONG US TOURNAMENT
January 29; Time TBD | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com
Join us for a night of playing this popular new video game! Gameplay takes place the CSU Rec's Discord.
March 11 & 18 | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com
Join us for two nights of Fortnite on the Rec Center’s very own discord! These events will strictly be social events and allow students to connect over this popular video game.
21 Day Self-Care Habit Building Challenge
February 1–21 | Free! | Email Kristen Soinski to join
Start 2021 headed in a positive direction by building habits that support self-love and self-care. Self-care is a crucial, and often overlooked, aspect of our health and wellness. Join our 21-day challenge, inspired by Dr. Eddie Moore Jr., to receive our weekly newsletter for 3 weeks packed with articles, videos, and podcast resources that will teach you about the importance of sleep, stress management, nutrition, and more for your personal wellbeing.
February 1–19 | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com; Submit your scores HERE...
If bowling is your game (or you just enjoy playing this ageless pastime), we've got the league for you! Bowling games can be played at any alley of your choice, such as Mahall’s or The Corner Alley, but be sure to complete TWO (2) games between February 1–19. your best game will be counted for a chance to win! Snap a picture of your score and submit via the form above (coming soon). See details and rules at IMLeagues.com - visit now to register!
Mask Decorating Workshop!
February 3; 11:15am–1:15pm | Free! | Register Here!
Hey Vikes! We gotta wear masks, so might as well add a little personal pizzazz to 'em, right!? Join us to personalize and decorate your mask to showcase your personality and style! We’ve got everything you’ll need, all you have to do is sign up and show up. BUT DON’T WAIT! There are only 20 slots available. Sign up today!
February 5, 12, 19 & 26 | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com
A month full of E-Sports! Over the course of four Friday events, these mini showcases will help show off the E-Sports we have here on our campus, and allow students to play online with team members and learn from the experts. Plus, we'll give away some gift cards to participants! Gameplay takes place on th CSU Rec Discord. Join us in playing games like Super Smash Bros., Rockey League, League of Legends, and more! Games schedule coming soon!
Door Decorating Contest
February 8th – 19th | Free! | Submit your entry here...
We’re challenging CSU Students to a door decorating contest! Whether you're in the dorms or at home, we want to see how creative you can be! To participate, just decorate your bedroom door, snap a picture, and submit it for a chance to win! The categories are Cleveland State, Favorite Season, Favorite Decade, and Most Creative!
Intramural Game Nights
February 8 & March 8 | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com
Our IM team is hosting not one, but TWO game nights, featuring their favorite board and card games, and favorite game shows, via Zoom. Games could include Uno, Mario Kart, Dungeons and Dragons, Minecraft, Scrabble, 8 Ball Pool and more! Register today and compete for your chance to come away with some cool prizes!
Cardio with Cupid!
February 9; 6-7pm | Free! | Register via the Online Portal or our mobile app
All fitness levels welcome! Cardio with Cupid is a Valentine's-themed group fitness event that will make your heart flutter (in a good way)! Throughout the class, our awesome instructors will fly you through a variety of fitness formats, including WERQ® and PlyoJam™, for an energetic, fun workout that'll give you all the feels.
Valentine's Baking Workshop
February 10; 6pm | Free! | Email Brooke Hokes to sign up!
Want to impress your special someone with homemade treat made with lots of love this Valentine's Day? We're here to help! This workshop will walk you through making a simple but decadent dessert that is sure to impress your sweetie (pun intended) - no fancy or advance culinary skills required! Recipe and ingredient list coming soon.
February 17 | Free! | Registration information coming soon!
Our annual WellFest event in going virtual in 2021! We're jam-packing this all-day, conference-style, virtual event with a variety of interactive workshops, fitness classes, activities, demos, and presentations to introduce attendees to all the dimensions of wellness within the CSU Rec’s new Shine Well program. More details coming soon - learn more on the WellFest website...
Virtual Wine & Yoga!
February 17 & April 9; 6-8pm | $5/person* | Register via the Online Portal
We had such a blast with our first Virtual Wine & Yoga event, we decided to team up with our friends at Flight Cleveland once again to bring you more! We will start the evening by moving and flowing through a 45-minute yoga class led by our yoga Instructor, Mary Schoen. Then, we'll pop some bottles and hang out with Lindsey Smith, owner of Flight Cleveland, as she leads us through our virtual wine tasting.** This event is not to be missed! Register today to save your spot!
*Participants will need to purchase their wine(s) directly from Flight Cleveland by February 7/April 3 respectively.
**Wine lists for each event coming soon!
Monday Night Trivia!
Dates: February 22; March 15 & 29; April 12 & 26 | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com
Flex some mental muscle and join us on Zoom on Monday nights for themed trivia! Compete as a team or on your own and test your topical acumen in categories like sports, music, slogans and brands, and more to win prizes and gift cards! Think you've got the smarts to outsmart your competitors??
March 2021 Release | Submit your recipes HERE...
There's nothing quite like the familiar taste of a beloved family recipe, or the warmth you feel gathereed around a home-cooked meal with friends and family. It's nostaligic and comforting - and we could all use some comfort these days! Spread a little love and positivity by sharing your favorite original and family recipes with the Cleveland State community in our CSU Rec Cookbook! Let's come together and get the entire campus involved – students, faculty, staff, and administration! We might also feature you recipe in some live cooking demo, as well!
Macros and Meal Prep 30-Day Virtual Coaching Program
March 1–30 | $40 Students; $50 Members; $65 Non-Members;
Register via the Online Portal
Have you ever wanted to fix up your nutrition, but didn't know where to start? Or have you ever tried to make a lifestyle change, only to lose motivation and fall off track? March is National Nutrition Month, so it's an excellent time to get started! Join Kristen Soinski, ACE-PT, for 30 days of nutrition coaching to learn how to fuel your body properly and establish long-term healthy eating habits. Whether you're looking to lose weight, gain weight, or gain muscle, this program will put you on track to a healthier lifestyle. Participants will meet weekly via Zoom for an educational workshop, along with weekly check-ins with Kristen!
Thursday, March 25; 6pm | Free! | Register via IMLeagues.com
Murder and mystery are afoot! Can you solve the crime? Channel your inner super sleuth and solve this mystery! This game will be set-up very similarly to the beloved CLUE board game. Your objective will be to determine who is to blame, where the crime took place, and what weapon was used piece together what went down. Investigate each Zoom room and question your favorite CLUE characters to solve the mystery!
Healthy Habits Workshop
March 30; 6-8pm | $5 Students; $10 Members | Register via the Online Portal
Goals mean nothing without action, and healthy goals are no different. Developing healthy habits, that last long-term, can be challenging. Join Kristen Soinski, Graduate Supervisor of Fitness and Wellness, to learn the secret behind reaching and sustaining your health goals.
Shine Well Workshop Series
Weekly in April (Dates TBD) | Free! | Register via the Online Portal
Wellness encompasses much more than just working out and eating right. That's why we created a comprehensive wellness program called Shine Well to bring more awareness to all aspects of wellness. This weekly workshop series will introduce our 7 dimensions of wellness – physical, social, emotional, financial, spiritual, and developmental – and give you some ideas, tips and tools to put them into proactice so you can become your best and healthiest self.
Spring Isolation Nation Virtual 5k
April 27 - May 4 | Free!
Run, walk, or jog to the finish line – just maintain at least 6 feet from your fellow racers! The Isolation Nation Virtual 5K is a fun way to be active and competitive from your own home or neighborhood. Complete a 5K wherever you like – outside or inside – at any time during the race period and track your time using your fitness tracker or running app. Then, simply submit your completion time and see where you rank. $75 overall winner; 100 Rec Rewards points for all participants. Learn more here...
We’ve launchied a series of at-home workouts you can do right from your living room! We walk your through each exercise in the workout, providing form cues and modifications, making it easy for anyone to follow along, no matter the fitness levels. Videos are posted daily on our Facebook and Instagram pages (links below). Full workout and exercise descriptions can be found on our CSU Rec mobile app (Apple | Android)
- Time Crunch Crusher (cardio total body workout)
- 200 in 20 Workout #1 (cardio/total body workout)
- Intermediate Ignition (cardio/total body workout)
- Leg Day 16 (lower body workout)
- The 100s Workout (total body/benchmarking workout)
- Ninja (core workout)
- Burnout Basics (upper body workout)
- Quick Burn (total body workout)
- Superman 15 (upper body workout)
- Slow Burn (lower body workout)
- Fast and Furious (cardio/total body workout)
- Beginner Core (core workout)
- Overdrive Core + Cardio (core/cardio workout)
- Beginner Blast (total body workout)
- The Linchpin (core workout)
- Core Workout w/ Pillow (core workout)
- Leg Circuit w/ Chair (lower body workout)
- Treating Yourself. After long or intense periods of high stress or hard work (like studying for finals or prepping for a big meeting), it’s important to give your brain a break. Get some fun ideas for ways to relax, unwind and treat yourself from our very own, Kristen Soinski!
- Study Breaks. Final exams are next week and we know you all are buckling down to study which is fantastic but it’s also important to take breaks during your study sessions. Tune in as Melissa discusses several different ideas for effective study breaks. Find the one (or two or three!) that’s right for you!
- What Are Carotenoids? Dives into the topic of carotenoids in the diet and why they are a critical part of your nutrition. Learn how these powerful antioxidants can improve mental health, lower risk of disease, and where you can find them!
- Sleep Hygiene 101. Having trouble sleeping? Do you toss and turn all night? Kristen Soinski, Graduate Supervisor of Fitness & Wellness at the CSU Rec, discusses a little bit about how sleep (or lack of) can affect your daily life, and shares some tips you can use to improve your quality of sleep.
- Guided Meditation. Take 10-15 minutes out of your day to focus on mindfulness and peace. Sinead will lead you through a guided meditation to center yourself and help relieve stress.
- Managing Stress During Change. Change can be difficult as we have to adjust to something new, especially when it's unexpected. However, change doesn't always have to come with stress! Join Kristen Soinski, Graduate Supervisor of Fitness & Wellness from the CSU Rec for a presentation about managing stress and pick-up some tips and tricks to build resiliency and lower stress during times of change.
- Exercise Snacks: Sneaking in Movement to Combat Excessive Sitting. On Monday, March 30th, Melissa Albers, Assistant Director of Fitness and Aquatics for the CSU Rec Center, hosted a LIVE presentation to discuss the concept of "exercise snacks" and the importance of incorporating movement or exercise snack breaks in our stay-at-home lives, sharing tips, tricks, and sample movements you can do from your home. (Missed the live presentation? No problem! You can view it on Facebook!).
We’ve taken group fitness into the virtual realm, offering a variety of live fitness classes! Take a look at our robust schedule and our university partnership schedules HERE!
Keep Your Mind Healthy, Too!
It's important to take care of your mental well-being as much as your physical health. Below you can browse a growing compilation of helpful articles, activities and information from the CSU Rec Blog and other resources to help you take care of your mental health and make mindfulness a regular part of your daily life. Exercise your mind as much as you exercise your body.
Body Rotation. Take a few minutes to relax, clear your mind, and relieve some stress and anxiety. This short meditation will guide you through scanning your body to identify points of tension you may not even notice, and help release that tension so you can feel more relaxed. Simply find a comfortable seated position and hit the play button!
Do Nothing for 30 Seconds. Psst...are you feeling anxious right this moment? Maybe a bit stressed? Or a little overwhelmed? Take just a moment right now to bring calm to your mind. Pause what you're doing and simply DO NOTHING. Don't think–just breathe.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation. Need a moment to relax? Try this 1-minute progressive muscle relaxation exercise to begin to recognize how you feel when tense vs. relaxed. Give it a try, then take a few moments to rest in a relaxed state before resuming your day.
Breath & Rain. Taking as little as 30 seconds–1 minute to simply breathe and clear your mind can help ease stress and anxiety. Use this short video to guide you through a few moments of mindfulness relax your mind a bit. Quiet your thoughts, close your eyes, and focus on a few deep breaths.
Cook a New Healthy Recipe. One of the main factors affecting your health is the food you put in your body. But healthy eating doesn't have to be boring! Take some time this week to find a new healthy recipe and give it a try - you may just find a new food favorite!
Spend Some Time Outside Each Day. With the weather getting warmer, it's the perfect time to start focusing on getting outside! Take your laptop and work outside, take a nap in the fresh air, exercise outdoors, or simply bask in the sunshine. Even if it's just for a few minutes, spending time outside will improve your well-being!
1-Minute Push-Up Challenge! How many push-ups can you do in 1 minute?? Push-ups are an excellent full body exercise with lots of variations and modifications to control intensity. So...ready for the challenge?? Give it a try, then post your results and tag some friends to challenge them!
Read 10 Pages in a Book. Any day is a good day to do a little reading. Fiction, non-fiction, magazine or blog article, make it a goal to spend a little bit of time reading each day.
What Brings You Joy? What brings you joy and happiness? It doesn't have to be something big, just something that's meaningful to YOU! Today, focus on a couple of the joyful things you have and notice the postive and happy feelings they inspire in you.
Plank Challenge! How long can you hold a plank in good form? Elbows under shoulders, core engaged, flat back, hips parallel to the floor, and up on your toes – give it a try! Then post your time and tag a friend or 2 to challenge them (tag us, too: @clestaterec)!
Gratefulness Challenge: 3 Things What are 3 things you’re grateful for today? Taking 3 minutes each day to write down 3 things you’re thankful for can increase your happiness. By taking time to consciously express gratitude, we remember that the things we have in our lives, big or small, are what we should be grateful and happy for. This exercise involves us thinking of positive thoughts which can increase happiness. Are you ready to take the challenge? Start today and give it a try!
Remind Yourself to MOVE! Do you find yourself sitting more at your desk or on your couch as you settle into work-from-home or remote learning life? It’s time to get moving! Set reminders on your phone/device to get up and move-and-groove! Have fun with it and use songs for the alarm tones, quote song or movie lyrics, or use a variety motivational quotes. How you do it, remind yourself to move – your body and mind will thank you!
Unplug for 1 Hour Feeling overwhelmed by all the news, emails, and notifications hitting your phone or device? Technology is everywhere and research has shown that it can increase stress, anxiety, and restlessness, and negatively impact our sleep patterns. Try unplugging for an hour today (and every day) and enjoy the quiet to clear your mind and focus on the present.
Furry Friends Challenge Did you know that pets can increase opportunities to exercise, get outside, and socialize? Regular walking or playing with pets can even decrease blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. Our furry friends can also help manage loneliness and depression by giving us companionship. Studies have even shown that the bond between people and their pets can lower stress and bring happiness to their owners. Have a work-from-home co-worker or a remote learning furry friend? Tag @clestaterec in a social media post or story and let’s see those animals!
Take a Walk Tuesdays Whether you walk to get in your steps, use it to clear your mind, or just to get some fresh air and sunshine, GET OUTSIDE and move! During this crazy time – or anytime you're feeling stressed, overwhelmed or cooped-up – it's important to schedule time for physical activity. It doesn't have to be long either! A short walk around your neighborhood or a nearby park will do the trick. And feel free to snap a picture of the landscape, a flower or animal you see, or just yourself outside in the sun, and tag @clestaterec in your social post or story!
Extreme Close-Up Game
These items are ready for their close-up! But can you tell what they are?
4/7/20 Puzzle | Answer • 4/14/20 Puzzle | Answer
4/21/20 Puzzle | Answer • 4/28/20 Puzzle | Answer
5/6/20 Puzzle | Answer • 5/12/20 Puzzle | Answer
5/19/20 Puzzle | Answer
Find the Difference Puzzles
Can you find all 5 difference between the two images?
4/1/20 Puzzle | Answer • 4/8/20 Puzzle | Answer
4/15/20 Puzzle | Answer • 4/22/20 Puzzle | Answer
4/29/20 Puzzle | Answer • 5/7/20 Puzzle | Answer
5/15/20 Puzzle | Answer
Guess the Image Puzzles
Can figure out what the distorted image is?
3/30/20 Puzzle | Answer • 4/9/20 Puzzle | Answer
4/16/20 Puzzle | Answer • 4/23/20 Puzzle | Answer
4/30/20 Puzzle | Answer • 5/14/20 Puzzle | Answer
- "8 Tips to Help You Get a Better Night's Sleep" Your sleep habits can significantly impact your daily productivity, physical and mental health, and your overall quality of living. These 8 sleep hygiene tips are simple things you can put into practice right away and reap the sleep benefits! Read more...
- "5 Easy Ways to Make Going Outside a Priority" Don't let work or school work get in the way of getting outdoors! We have 5 simple suggestions that will not only increase your time outside but provide a nice break from your regular routine. Read more...
- "5 Tips to Help Boost Your Productivity While Working from Home" Working from can be quite a change for people who may not be used to it. We have composed 5 tips to help boost your productivity while working from home, and also build helpful at-home work habits. Read more...
- "7 Mindful Habits to Reduce Stress During Stressful Times Like These" With the current COVID-19 situation unfolding, it is understandable to have heightened stress and anxiety. To help, we want to provide tips to help reduce your anxiety during this stressful time (or any time). Read more...
- "Why Not Take Our Recommendation!?" Looking for new ideas for things to do while hanging out at home? Take some ideas from the CSU Rec staff! Read more...
- "I Am Grateful Challenge" Practicing gratitude has been shown to have a number of positive impacts on stress levels and health... Read more...
- "The Benefits of Self-Care Skin Care" A nourishing skin-care routine can be both refreshing and rejunenating! Read more...
- "Exercise and Stress" Utilizing exercise to minimize stress can help prevent mental burnout, and prevent many long-term physical effects... Read more...
- "Beating That Back-to-School Feeling" Packed with helpful times to manage your workload and fight procrastination, this article is useful anytime to get organized and combat stress. Read more...
- "5 Outdoor Activities to Fill Your Free Time This Weekend" One of the few ways we can still get out of the houses safely is to hit the outdoors! Here are 5 great ways to take a step back from the world, connect with nature and give you mind a breath of fresh air–literally! Read more...
- "The Emotional Benefits of Outdoor Activity" Studies have repeatedly shown that being outside can elevate your mood and boost self-esteem, and reduce depression and stress. Read more...
- "Is More Sleep Better Than More Exercise?" There isn't much debate that both sleep and exercise have wide-randing benefits. But is one more beneficial for your health? Read more...
Are video games one of the ways you're spending time at home? Connect with other gamers virtually and join our ESports Pop-Up Tournaments! These one day tournaments will take place on battlefy.com, and the games being featured include Super Smash Brothers, FIFA and League of Legends. For more details, please visit our Intramural Sports page. Please Note: each league page has instructions for game format and score reporting. Be sure to follow these instructions accordingly
All fall Esports tournaments are NOW OPEN! Register at IMLeagues.com.
Looking to continue your specialized one-on-on fitness training? We’re now offering virtual personal training to our current client base. These sessions are just like in-person sessions, with a trainer guiding, motivating, and holding you accountable through the entire workout. Virtual sessions are done over FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, or whatever platform works best for you and your trainer.
Interested in getting started with virtual personal training but not a current client? Reach out to Melissa Albers at email@example.com for more information and to reserve a spot!
Achieving optimal health for yourself is a continuous journey, and we're here to help light the way! Our wellness initiative, Shine Well, will help you explore the many facets of wellness and find ways to incorporate them into your life. Explore each web page to learn more about the dimensions of wellness, the benefits of each, and start crafting a more well-rounded wellness lifestyle.
You can also find some tools to help you set health and wellness goals, and a daily planning worksheet to create your own customized plan to integrate all aspects of wellness into your life. Plug in to your well-being and shine your brightest! Start exploring...
We want to continue rewarding our loyal patrons for staying active and healthy while being safe at home during these uncertain times. You can "check-in" daily to earn 10 points/day, PLUS earn 25 bonus points each for completing different healthy actions! Simply do the actions, follow the link to submit the self-reporting form of your completed actions, and you're all set! And be on the look-out for new actions to be added to continue being rewarded over the next few weeks! Learn more...
We have a lot of fantastic partners in the health and fitness industry. Many are doing their part to help ease the stress and challenges we're all currently managing, offering resources and paid services for FREE during the COVID-19 crisis. We're sharing some of these great offerings below to help you stay active and healthy!
- Enjoy additional virtual live fitness classes and virtual wellness offerings courtesy of our friends at these other universities! #WeAreAllInThisTogether.
- Free Workout from Les Mills On Demand! If you love and miss taking our Bodypump® classes, we've got your covered. In response to the coronavirus situation affecting the globe – specifically the closure of gyms and fitness clubs – Les Mills is offering FREE On Demand workouts! Follow this link for access to 120+ workouts from more 10 different Les Mills formats. The site will remain available for as the disruption from the coronavirus continues.
- Free Live Fitness Classes from Core Health & Fitness! With the support of the Core Master Instructor team, Core Health & Fitness is here to help you keep moving, keep training and stay healthy. Tune-in to Core's Facebook page daily for a killer workout from some of the best instructors in the world. And if you miss a daily workout, you can check them all out of here.
- Silver&Fit Live Exercise Classes! Beginning, March 30th, the team at Silver&Fit is debuting their Fit at Home series with live exercise classes on their Facebook page Monday–Friday from 1–1:30pm EST (10–10:30am PST).
- Monday: Low Impact Cardio—Increase your heart health with low impact moves that can be done in your living room. Getting moving can help increase your energy, focus, and overall happiness levels.
- Tuesday: Easy Going Yoga—Help balance your body, mind, and spirit by flowing through gentle poses and breathing deep. Yoga helps to increase your sense of well-being and peace.
- Wednesday: Body Weight Exercises—There are so many exercises you can do with just your body weight. These exercises will help your whole body increase endurance and strength.
- Thursday: Balance & Flexibility—Awesome combination! Balance exercises can help boost your strength, stability, and body awareness. Plus, they help reduce your risk of falling. Flexibility exercises can help improve posture and reduce stiffness.
- Friday: Friday Mixer—Friday is for having fun! Enjoy a mix of your favorite exercises from the week. Make sure you comment on what you like, so you can see your favorite exercise featured.
- Free Month Trail of Obé Fitness Classes from Athleta. Feeling stressed, stir-crazy, or just looking for a little inspiration? We hear you, so we've teamed up with obé to bring you a free month trial of live and on-demand fitness classes – from pilates to HIIT to guided meditation. Use code ATHLETA and meet us on the (virtual) mat.
Please consult your physician or healthcare professional before starting this or any fitness program. By performing these exercises, you are performing them at your own risk. If you should feel any pain or discomfort at any time during this workout stop immediately and contact your health professional.