CSU Rec Center Code of Conduct
Our members and guests are our highest priority at the Recreation Center. We are glad you have put your trust in us and want everyone to continue to stay safe. When entering the facility, you agree to join us in this mission. #SafeCampusCSU
Member & Guest Pledge
- I will do my part to keep the CSU Recreation Center safe by staying home when I am ill or exposed to an individual with confirmed COVID-19, practicing social distancing, wiping equipment before and after, being respectful to the staff, and adhering to guidelines on posted signage.
- I will wear a mask and will be responsible while engaged in physical activities; recognizing my limits in the free weight room, staying hydrated, and monitoring my intensity levels.
- I knowingly and willingly consent to participating in the Recreation Center facilities, programs, services, and activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- I understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of this virus may not show symptoms and may still be highly contagious.
- I understand that due to the frequency of visits by other Recreation Services’ patrons and the characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, I have an elevated risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus by simply being in the Recreation Center.
How We're Helping You Stay Healthy & Safe
What We're Doing to Help You Stay Healthy
- Masks are required for all visitors and staff.
- Employee screenings and temperature checks for all staff prior to starting each shift.
- All equipment has been spaced to be at least 6 feet apart.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of equipment and high-touch points.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed and cleaning supplies made available.
- Plexiglass barriers installed at point-of-sale stations.
- Space capacities have been reduced by at least 50% to allow for easier social distancing.
- Many programs are now offered virtually.
- Changes made to our Emergency Action Plan to best comply with current health recommendations.
- Locker availability has been reduced and showers are unavailable until further notice.
- Directional and informational signage has been installed to help with new procedures, safe traffic flow and health reminders.
- Floor markers have been added to the main entrace, Pro Shop, and fitness studios to help with social distancing.
- Constantly evaluating programs and services based on CDC and State of Ohio recommendations.
- Special consideration and safety measures have been built into all current and future programming.
Cleveland State University Safe Campus Reminders
Protect Yourself. Protect Others. #SafeCampusCSU
- Facial covering is required at all times while on campus.
- Clean your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
- Maintain at least 6 feet social distancing.
- Monitor your own health. If you feel sick or have a temperature, stay home.