It’s important to develop healthy sleep habits since sleep can have a significant impact on your daily productivity, physical and mental health, and your overall quality of living. Sleep hygiene consists of a variety of habits that can influence your sleep quality. Changing your sleep habits may seem difficult at first, but we have a list of 8 tips to help you get a better night's sleep you can try to improve your quality of sleep.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine nearing bedtime.
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day to establish a constant sleep cycle.
- Create a regular routine before bed to help your body and mind unwind and recognize that it’s time for bed.
- Limit screen time before bed. (Learn more about this in our Sleep Hygiene 101 IGTV episode!)
- Avoid taking naps longer than 30 minutes.
- Make sure your bedroom is cozy and supports comfortable sleep by being at a relaxing temperature, quiet, and dark.
- Avoid eating large, high calorie meals before bed.