All vehicles parked outside a fenced staging area on university property must display a valid CSU Parking hangtag permit unless parked in a pay-per-hour space (at a meter or in Lot 22, Prospect or South Garage). If parked at a meter, the meter must be paid. Use of any parking facilities for construction related activity must be approved in advance by CSU Parking & Transportation Services.
CSU Parking & Transportation Services offers the following options for contractors and construction workers who choose to park on campus.
- Purchase a contractor hangtag. This hangtag will have an expiration date based on the needs of the patron and will be accepted for parking in any CSU parking facility except at meters or in Lot 22, Prospect or South Garage. Contractor hangtags cost $50.00 per week and the full fee is charged for any partial week unless the purchase is made after 12:00 noon on a Friday.
- Purchase scratch off hangtags which permit access to parking on a per-day basis. Contractor Scratch off Hangtags are $8.00 each and are good for only one day of parking.
Contractor hangtags or scratch off hangtags must be purchased from the office of Parking & Transportation Services located in Euclid Commons at East 24th and Euclid. The Office is open Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. The CSU Parking & Transportation Services Office accepts cash, check, Visa & Mastercard, for parking purchases.
Contractors and construction workers may also find parking options in the CSU neighborhood. Information about these options can be found on the parking website at http://www.csuohio.edu/parking
Contractors are not permitted to park vehicles in any of the following:
- Under the overhang of the Main Classroom building
- Loading Docks
- Aisle ways
- East 24 Street in front of Fenn Tower
- The "No Parking" area on north side of Fenn Tower
- Drive in front of Rhodes Tower on street level
- Police, Parking or CSU Service Vehicle designated spaces
- Along curbs
- And any other areas not marked as a parking space.
Contractors who must park in any prohibited location in order to discharge their duties while on campus may request an official dashboard pass when registering for the parking hangtag. The request must be accompanied by details regarding the specific nature of their duties. Dashboard passes must be displayed in tandem with a prepaid hangtag or scratch-off and are intended for short-term use related to the defined duties – not for all day parking.
CSU Contractors are subject to CSU Parking Rules and Regulations. Violations of these rules are subject to issuance of parking citations and/or vehicle impound. Persons cited for parking infractions have the right to appeal by following the written instructions on the parking citation.