Frequently Asked Questions


What if I receive a parking ticket/citation?

Parking illegally may result in parking citations and/or towing/immobilization of your vehicle, and loss of your parking privileges on campus. If you receive a citation please follow the instructions on the back of the citation. Citations can be paid or appealed via CSU GO Online. To see a list of citation types and associated fines, click HERE.

If I decide to appeal the citation, what do I do?

Click HERE to access the Appeals page.

The meter or PayStation where I am parked is not working. What should I do?

Parking at a meter that is not working and does not register payment may result in a parking citation. Malfunctioning meters or problems with the Pay Station in Lot 21, Lot 22, Lot 40, Lot 54 Lot 66, Lot 70 and RG should be reported immediately to Parking & Transportation Services (216-687-2023). Please relay the location in your communication. If the offices are closed (after 5 p.m. M-F), you can email the meter or PayStation information to: or leave a voicemail message.

I am getting a new car. What information do you need?

Click HERE for the Vehicle Registration page.

I forgot my Viking Card/Permit, what can I do?

Stop by the Parking & Transportation Services Office (E. 24th & Euclid) on your way to work or class and we will issue you temporary access. Permit access to gated facilities requires a Viking Card. Failure to display a valid permit may results in parking citations.

What do I do if my car won't start?

If your vehicle or a visitor's vehicle becomes disabled while parked on campus, call the CSU Police at 216-687-2020 or x2020 from any campus phone.


What are my parking permit payment options?

Click for HERE for the Faculty/Staff page.

I'm a graduate assistant or teaching fellow. Do I qualify for a Faculty/Staff permit and payroll deduction?

No. Graduate assistants and teaching fellows are student appointments. You must order your student parking permit online and pay with debit/credit card or charge the parking hangtag to your student account.

I was on medical leave/sabbatical for the last few months and I didn't know I had to return my permit; can I now get a refund?

No. If you leave the University for any reason, it is your responsibility to return your parking permit to Parking & Transportation Services. As long as you have the permit in your possession you are required to pay for it. When a person has an active hangtag on payroll deduction and the amount is not applied to a paycheck the amount accumulates in arrears until another paycheck is issued. The total amount outstanding will then be taken on your next paycheck.

I am leaving the University, is my permit automatically cancelled when I leave?

No. Your permit is not cancelled until it has been returned to Parking &Transportation Services and it has been deactivated in our system. Once we receive your parking permit, your PRD will be stopped and a credit will be issued to you, if applicable.

If I need a permit beginning on the 12th of the month do I have to pay for the whole month?

No. Your permit is prorated on a weekly basis. If you purchase a permit in the middle of the month, you will pay for the remaining weeks of that month.

I don't have my CSU ID number yet. Can I sign up for payroll deduction (PRD)?

Anyone who does not have a CSU ID is not able to select PRD.

I'm going to retire soon. How do I get my Emeritus/Associate permit?

Click HERE for Emeritus & Associate information

I am part-time (PT) faculty or a temporary employee. Do I qualify for payroll deduction (PRD)?

Yes. Any employee receiving a paycheck are eligible for PRD as a payment option and may also purchase parking permit with a credit/debit card (Visa, MC or Discover).