Reaching Out to Advance Excellence in Nursing Professionals
Considering a career in Nursing? Visit these websites for information which will help you with your decision.
Undergraduate Advising Sessions
Advising sessions are offered each month for prospective nursing students. For the Accelerated, Traditional and RN to BSN programs students will meet with a Recruiter/Advisor to discuss the program and have their transcripts evaluated. Program prerequisites, application requirements, and the admissions process will be discussed. Attending an advising session should be the first step for all prospective students.
Transfer guides are available for students at Columbus State Community College, Cuyahoga Community College, Lakeland Community College, Lorain County Community College, and Owens Community College who wish to transfer to Cleveland State University. Each guide provides a listing of community college courses that will count towards the various Nursing prerequisites and the General Education categories at CSU.
Recruiter/Advisors assist students with preadmission inquiries, application to the program, enrollment, graduation requirements, and academic policies and procedures. To contact a Recruiter/Advisor call (216) 687-3598.
Each currently registered nursing student is assigned a School of Nursing Faculty member as a professional advisor to assist with nursing specific questions or concerns, career planning/counseling, and other similar matters. Students should contact their faculty advisor directly for assistance as needed. Students are strongly encouraged to make contact with their faculty advisor at least once each semester.
Nursing Careers in the News
- AACN Data Confirm that Baccalaureate-Prepared Nurses Are More Likely to Secure Jobs
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing | Joint Statement on Academic Progression for Nursing Students and Graduates
- More Men Seeking Nursing Careers
- Ohio Nursing Workforce Update
- Tri-Council for Nursing Issues New Consensus Policy Statement on the Educational Advancement of Registered Nurses
- Washington Nurse Observes Teen Patients for Signs of Sex Trafficking