This is subject to change, so please check back frequently.
Welcome to Cleveland! CSU is excited to welcome students back to campus for the Fall semester. For a safe return to campus, CSU is following the CDC guidelines for persons arriving in the U.S. following international travel. Please follow this guidance which is accurate as of the date this page was published.
WHEN ARRIVING IN THE U.S. FROM AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT AND :
IF FULLY VACCINATED with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- No quarantine is necessary
- Get a viral COVID-19 test at no charge within 3-5 days after arrival in the US. Viral tests are available on the first floor of the CIMP Building from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. Results are available immediately. Testing is open to any member of the university community.
- Self-monitor and quarantine/seek medical care if you start to experience symptoms. Quarantine for 10 days if you receive a positive test.
IF NOT FULLY VACCINATED
- Get a viral COVID-19 test 3-5 days after arrival in the USA - Viral tests are available at no charge on the first floor of the CIMP Building (2112 Euclid Avenue) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. Results are available immediately. Testing is open to any member of the university community.
- If positive, self-quarantine for 10-14 days.
- If negative and no known exposure history, individual should quarantine for 7 days. A negative test does not remove the need to quarantine for 7 days.
- If individual has a history of exposure to a confirmed case or at increased risk for infection, regardless of the test result, individual should quarantine for 14 days.
- If individual cannot get the test but no known exposure history, they should quarantine for 14 days
- Get vaccinated
- Vaccinations (either Pfizer or Moderna) are available at the Health + Wellness Center (2112 Euclid Avenue) Monday - Friday at no charge. No appointment is necessary.
- *If already partially vaccinated, please let Health & Wellness Services know. Health & Wellness will communicate with an infectious disease specialist at the Cleveland Clinic to determine how to best complete your vaccination.
* If you live off campus, DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS during this time. For students living on campus, you may quarantine on campus. Make arrangements to arrive no later than January 3 (for new students) or August 13. Please indicate that you will need to arrive early to quarantine on your housing form.
* Please keep these quarantine days in mind when booking your travel to the U.S. if not yet vaccinated. All unvaccinated individuals must quarantine per the recommended guidelines before attending any in-person or on-campus activities, including orientation. International Student Orientation is mandatory and is scheduled for January 6th and 7th in BH Auditorium.
* Regular Testing at CSU: In the fall semester, CSU will be doing random Covid-19 testing to about 5% of the study body each week. This will include both vaccinated and unvaccinated students. Vaccinated students may present their Vaccine Card to show they've been vaccinated to avoid testing. (This is subject to change.)
Continue to check back for updates and the latest information regarding international arrival guidelines.
For more information:
CSU’s Safety Protocols concerning guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, COVID-19 surveillance testing, and more.
For questions, contact the CISP office: