This is subject to change, so please check back frequently.
Welcome to Cleveland! CSU is excited to welcome students back to campus for the Fall semester. For a safe return to campus, CSU is following the CDC guidelines for persons arriving in the U.S. following international travel. Please follow this guidance which is accurate as of the date this page was published.
WHEN ARRIVING IN THE U.S. FROM AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT AND :
IF FULLY VACCINATED with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- No quarantine is necessary
- Get a viral COVID-19 test within 3-5 days after arrival in the US. Viral tests are available on the first floor of the CIMP Building from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. Results are available immediately. Testing is open to any member of the university community.
- Self-monitor and quarantine/seek medical care if you start to experience symptoms
- Follow all state and local recommendations
IF NOT FULLY VACCINATED
- 7-14 days self-quarantine
- If you live off campus, DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS during this time.
- For students living on campus, you may quarantine on campus. Make arrangements to arrive no later than August 7 (for new students) or August 13 (for current students). Please indicate that you will need to arrive early to quarantine on your housing form.
- Get a viral COVID-19 test 3-5 days after arrival in the USA - Viral tests are available on the first floor of the CIMP Building from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. Results are available immediately. Testing is open to any member of the university community.
- If positive, self-quarantine for 10-14 days.
- If negative and no known exposure history, individual should quarantine for 7 days. A negative test does not remove the need to quarantine for 7 days.
- If individual has a history of exposure to a confirmed case or at increased risk for infection, regardless of the test result, individual should quarantine for 14 days.
- If individual cannot get the test but no known exposure history, they should quarantine for 14 days
- Sign up to get vaccinated
- Stay tuned for more information from CSU about our push to vaccinate all students. You will be able to get vaccinated following your arrival.
* Please keep these quarantine days in mind when booking your travel to the U.S. if not yet vaccinated. All unvaccinated individuals must quarantine per the recommended guidelines before attending any in-person or on-campus activities, including orientation. International Student Orientation is mandatory and is scheduled for the week of August 16, 2021.
Continue to check back for updates and the latest information regarding international arrival guidelines.
For more information:
CSU’s Safety Protocols concerning guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, COVID-19 surveillance testing, and more.
For questions, contact the CISP office: